Clutch trouble

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Labninja

Clutch trouble

Post by Labninja »

Hey guys I need a bit of advice, I have a 66 camper special with the 352 and 4spd. Recently the clutch has been loosing pedal travel It rests at about half pedal and only lifts the pressure plate just enough to slip a tad. It DOES NOT slip otherwise. I have had the clutch linkage adjusted all the way out since I have owned it about 4 yrs now. I know the throwout bearing squeaks when the clutch is held in so was wondering just what the deal is? Throw out bearing or pressure plate collapsed? or possible the clutch fork slipped off the case pivot. I'm not excited about trying to jerk the trans by myself as I'm sure it weighs more than I do can any of this be checked without doing a removal? Kind of long winded I know but I need some confirmation before I have to rent a trans jack. Thanks. Shane
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Shane check the cab mounts for sag.. as it droops over time the clutch goes away...and makes for full adjustment. You will need to replace the clutch and TOB to be on the safe side.

Garbz