clearance lights

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Bill

clearance lights

Post by Bill »

I’m thinking of putting some clearance lights on the roof of my truck. I would like to use either the type that would have been on a 61-66 Ford truck or a light with a small metal housing and an amber lens, preferably a Ford made light. The aftermarket metal & glass ones I find are too big.
I am not sure what Slicks came with cab clearance lights? Were they an option, and if so were they the same as the ones on the 67-72 trucks? I have seen trucks with only 3 lights and trucks with 5 but I don’t know if they were original. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
jeffw

lights

Post by jeffw »

hey bud,, I took some factory lights, at least i think they were,, they were hooked up to a funky toggle switch, anyway still got-em bro, took them off the slick, thought they looked kinda funky lookin, never gave them a chance, but if ya want them they are yours..they still shine brightly, and still look funky,,, but hey,, look at the bright side,, I have no use for them, lookin for the clean look, maybe it'l help you get the look you are lookin for....they are as clean as they come, do you have any gems???
jeffw

m

Post by jeffw »

oops
Last edited by jeffw on November 12, 2007, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill

Post by Bill »

I agree that the clean look is good on a lot of trucks especially a street cruiser. One of the best parts of being around this stuff is all the different styles and types people build, I can appreciate everything from the concours restorations to the prostreet muscle trucks and most everything in-between and as crazy as it may sound I constantly see old rust buckets I wouldn’t mind having. My truck doesn’t have that street cool look it’s got more of a big truck personality. I have a few minor things I want to try and get done this winter; roof lights, west coast mirrors and 4x4 front fenders are the easy ones. More involved projects include installing an nv4500 5speed installing my Koenig pto winch and finishing the Mass-Flo injection system I started last winter. Thanks for the roof light offer I will pm you.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

the clearance lights were done in either 3 or 5.
heres some stock ones on a f350, they are glass/chrome
[albumimg]2929[/albumimg]

bought some for my 4x4 on e-bay ,set of 4, i used 3. newer style plastic/plastic chrome.hooked up to a blink marker light switch from a f600.

i have another glass/chrome set to put on the towtruck yet.

most of the clearance lights are the Grote brand.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Bill

Post by Bill »

Thanks ICEMAN you’re always a bottomless pit of knowledge.
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

Parting out 3 F600's, if you want the clearance lights you can have them. Cover the shipping costs or come to the Truck Farm and get 'em.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!