Veterans Day..................

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jakdad

Veterans Day..................

Post by jakdad »

Thanks to all that served. I consider it my privlege to be among you.
Jim
dotcentral

Re: Veterans Day..................

Post by dotcentral »

jakdad wrote:Thanks to all that served. I consider it my privlege to be among you.

I agree.

I have always felt that veterans day should be a paid holiday for any that served honorably in the military. Instead, bankers, government employees, and many others that never spent a day in the service, get the day off instead.

Sorry for the hi-jack of your thread.
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Welcome to you....................
Jim
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Re: Veterans Day..................

Post by Gritsngumbo »

dotcentral wrote:
jakdad wrote:Thanks to all that served. I consider it my privlege to be among you.

I agree.

I have always felt that veterans day should be a paid holiday for any that served honorably in the military. Instead, bankers, government employees, and many others that never spent a day in the service, get the day off instead.

Sorry for the hi-jack of your thread.

And the vets usually wind up working that day.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Bill

Post by Bill »

While I don’t think law should mandate it, giving a Vet the day off paid is great idea.
I do though; think making it a law that any Vet that received an honorable discharge should be exempt from paying income tax is another good idea. While the last thing I would ever be for is any increases to the already ridiculous amount of taxes I pay, I don’t think I would bitch to much if I had to kick a little more in. I believe approximately 10% of the adult population in the US are Vets. The other 90% of us should be able to handle what they would have paid.
And to any Veterans that are reading this, I could not agree more with what jakdad said.
“Thanks to all that served. I consider it my privilege to be among you.”
:cheers:
mexbearlll

Veterans Day

Post by mexbearlll »

Glad to have served this great country, and Veterans Day,comes right after the Marine Corps brithday! So happy 232 brithday to my fellow JarHeads! Just wished the Politicians would do their jobs good enough, so we would not have to do Ours (so well), Well thats just My thoughts.
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

Maxbear,
Do they still take over the Mapes on the 10th? I was stationed at the MCCWTC near Bridgeport, Ca. from 60 thru 64 and every bday, we would reserve the whole Mapes for our party.
Fred
"Whitey Ford"

Post by "Whitey Ford" »

I think the same. Iam a ARMY Veteran and had to work yesterday which isnt that big of a deal yet the building next to me is a consulate for Argentina and they have off as well as the bankers. Over 50% of our homeless are War Veterans....as much as Iam proud to serve my country I cant understand how our country can allow this. Either way thanks to all who DO support us.
Girls love a pick-up man.