need some advice

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

That's from a full-size Grand Marquis. Along with the outside door locks, glove box latch, door pulls, fuse box, master cylinder, etc...

Good idea to blow it apart and see what's what. The front wheel is nowhere near centred in that wheelwell, just judging from that pic. Definitely needs some attention.

I'm curious as to how one can run a fully electronic distributor in a carbed application too. That seems odd to me, unless there's a central fuel injection unit under that air cleaner. I would think you'd need a distributor with vacuum advance... :?:
RED

yep

Post by RED »

Yea it fuel injected. Another decision I will have to make some time. Keep it EFI or Carb it???? Too much right now
turtle1056

Post by turtle1056 »

ok so I am gonna jump in here n probably git my head shot off but.....

Pick any GM truck from 67-79 if memory serves (maybe even newer to 88 - never checked) and the entire crossmember and steering assembly comes off with like 6 bolts or so

It can be literally bolted back into our trucks with a couple shim plates on the sides.

It dont get any cheaper or easier than this and it is a "Truck' suspension.

Even better is the new rack kits for these suspensions.
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Never heard that one before.

To answer the carb vs. fuel injection question RED, I'd suggest leaving it as is as long as it's running well.

Stupid question: Is your truck a short or long wheelbase uni? I'm assuming long...
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Man, someone sure put a lot of time into that project. I'm surprised the seats fit that well, those look just like the ones in my '82 CV. The gauges are definitely not CV, though.
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Definitely Grand Marquis. They had a different speedometer than the CV. Everything else is pretty much the same though, save for some emblems.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:P Power windows and a roll of duct tape on the dash!,Red your off to a good start more pics thou,and more angle shots of the garage for us sticky beaks :wink: .

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
63BIGWINDOW

Post by 63BIGWINDOW »

Shiny wrote:The Camaro clips work awesome on trucks.But don't expect to tow or haul everything you can in the truck like a truck.
They handle awesome.Put some lowered coils in and its amazing how they handle.I've done dozens of em and wouldn't hesitate to do it again on a two door truck.
There is other options but the camaro is prolly the cheapest to do and the cheapest to rebuild and gets parts for.

If your one of the 'gotta keep it blue oval' look for a Torino clip and graft it on.

-Shiny
I agree,I did a 78 camaro on my 63,and it rides/drives awesome,but it takes some hard-core fab skills,plan on wearing out a tape measure.It sucks Ford didnt make a clip with the straight frame rails like these,i would rather have 4.5 bolt pattern,but my clip was free so I cant complain.good luck in your choice.