Check out this fire truck

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

RhinoGT

Post by RhinoGT »

Hey my truck is doing great! :D Thanks for asking. And thanks for reminding me about my outdated pictures. I just added a bunch of brand new ones for your viewing pleasure!

Also, I sold my '72, so the slick is the only truck I have right now. :(
Steve

65 F250 4WD
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Nice pics, it definitely looks like a happy truck! :D I like the painted steelies too, sorta adds to the overall clean look of the truck.

You oughta buy it some pedal pads for Christmas. :lol: No pads always makes me nervous, because of the possibility of having a wet shoe slip off the brake pedal at an inopportune moment.
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
RhinoGT

Post by RhinoGT »

Pedal pads are going to be ordered tomorrow. How did you know? Also, have a sweet tailgate that I just got from ebay. Its white with red letters so it might :?: work until I paint it. It is in great shape though, so I am thrilled with it.
Steve

65 F250 4WD
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Cool beans. As old as these trucks are, a nice tailgate is a reason for joy no matter what color it is. :lol:

BTW, I've been meaning to tell you for a while now that I like your avatar...I'm pissed I didn't think of it first! :mrgreen:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Effie

Re: Check out this fire truck

Post by Effie »

36truck wrote:Nice truck but why the box mismatch on a 66???

The cab looks like one from a 61-64, too.
~/\/\elissa~
Image '66 F100 -- Little Black
Image '78 Bronco -- Brutus

36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Fire truck sold for $8750.00
Tom Williams
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

RhinoGT,
Great truck!!! Looks great with the new white wheels. You should try to catch a MAC meet someday.
There is a guy I run into at a car show in my area. He also has a Slick fire truck that looks similar to yours. If I remember correctly it does not even have 10,000 mi. on it.
I got a photo of it finally.....
[albumimg]3066[/albumimg]
I wish he would sell it to me.
RhinoGT

Post by RhinoGT »

Holy cow, that does look a LOT like my truck. You dont see too many with the Ford factory brush guard attached. And it is in NY too. Is that truck upstate or down?

The newer wheels work well, I had these on my '72 but swapped them when I sold that. But, I actually like the split-rims that this guy has on his truck. I have 8 of 'em, but cant find anyone to mount the tires. Maybe I can connect with the owner of the other fire truck and he can tell me where he got his mounted. The reason I want them on the truck? So I can put some stock hubcaps on! I know, I am looney. I just like that factory-brouchure look. nuts.gif

Thanks for all the compliments!
Steve

65 F250 4WD
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

RhinoGT,
Yeah I think the brush guard is awesome. I would guess he is downstate.

I think going back to the split rims would be a good idea. The split rims would be fine the only thing you may miss is the better handling of the radial tires.

If you want I may be able to help with the mounting. If you're seriously considering send me a PM with your contact info after the hunting and holiday seasons. I know a guy who will do them for you. He said they are not a problem as long as the rings and rims are in fair condition. The company I work for has a shop in Bergen NY so getting your stuff to him and back to you I could also help you out with.

Jason