What is the best manual/guide out there?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Combat_Medic

What is the best manual/guide out there?

Post by Combat_Medic »

Now that I have a "parts" truck, I need to figure out how to part it out, hehe. As I've said before, I'm a mechanical retard, but I tend to comprehend print/media as well as the next guy. What is the best guide or repair manual for '66 f-250s? Chilton? What other books or guides are worth buying? Thanks fellas.
-Josh
"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell." - Plain speakin' Harry Truman
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

I've always been partial to the original shop manuals that you can buy for your specific truck year published by FOMOCO. They show up on Ebay all the time, and you can even find these manuals on CD (some prefer this type of media). I "think" there are 4 FOMOCO shop manuals for your year truck (people who know exactly will chime in here, I'm sure).
There are volumes 3 and 4 on EBay right now -> LINK <-.
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

the ford factory manuals are the best as they are complete and show everything you need.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

:iagree: I Must agree. FoMoCo's OEM Factory Service Manual set (all volumes), in year specific Format, have it hands down
over anything else anybody has copied, imitated or taken a guess at. Imitators just do not have Ford's knowledge & insight.

Publishers of "knock off" & copied manuals have editors which also make Correct Explanations, Accurate Methodologies,
or Precise Descriptions impossible to get and publish. Plus copyright laws prevent use of original text and illustrations.
FoMoCo designed & made their vehicle & owns all proprietory information for, of, about, and on thier Ford Built vehicles.

Money you spend on a set of OEM Shop Manuals saves time, equipment & money in the end.

Or at least that's the case, IMHO. :roll:

FBp :thumright:
Change is the Only Constant
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Ford shop manuals are your trucks best friend.

Motors or chiltons are all copies of the factory information, and sometimes copied incorrectly.

Garbz
brojohnak

Post by brojohnak »

you can buy the manuals from LMC
63 F350 dually wrecker
64 F250 4x4 Great White
66 F100 lwb daily driver
66 F100 4x4 Xmas truck
plus 4 parts trucks