breaking loose

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ICEMAN6166
Poland

breaking loose

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

past couple days i had to drive my wife to work in my towtruck and it was snowing and roads were icy. usually when i turn onto the main road from the side street i see how much gas it takes to break loose traction and spin or slide(in 2wd). the 9 inch and d60 open rear ends will break loose pretty easy but the d70 posi rear i put in the towtruck takes much more gas to get to spin or slide.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

I've always found that with any kind of traction lock I had it was easier to spin the vehicle in a corner. I would say it is because of the extra weight on the back of the tow truck it sticks better than the empty pickup box trucks.
Tom Williams
Xcessive

Post by Xcessive »

gotta be the weight, open diffs are a lot more forgiving in the snow than a posi or locked rear (specially locked). I have an aussie locker front and rear in my bronco and around corners have to be SUPER careful if there is snow or ice on the road even in the straights if I give it to much throttle the rear likes to go squirley.
robert porterfield

Post by robert porterfield »

w 4.88 gears ought "go" fairly easy the weight and duel tires are prolly holding on thou sounds like your having a great time have good holiday
lifes hard wear helmet!