worked on the uni this weekend

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

pipedobber

worked on the uni this weekend

Post by pipedobber »

Hello all, was able to work on the uni this weekend and I got the power brakes installed. Wasn't too difficult, but was a little time consuming. http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc27 ... G_2207.jpg http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc27 ... G_2205.jpg http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc27 ... G_2205.jpg
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

sweet.

You have disks in the front I imagine?

Longbed/shortbed?

Have you gone for a test ride yet? how easy is it to lock up?

I would like to put a booster on mine someday, but it already locks up quite easily. I think a booster would be quite hazardous in Aggie, unless I somehow installed ABS....
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
pipedobber

Post by pipedobber »

Thanks, it is a 63 shortbed unibody on a later model 4x4 chasis. all drum brakes. I have a front disc brake axle I'm going to put in over the Thanksgiving Day weekend along with powersteering. Needs good brakes and steering as it has a 351c in it that it getting ready to get woke up, if you know what I mean :D
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

pipedobber wrote:Thanks, it is a 63 shortbed unibody on a later model 4x4 chasis. all drum brakes. I have a front disc brake axle I'm going to put in over the Thanksgiving Day weekend along with powersteering. Needs good brakes and steering as it has a 351c in it that it getting ready to get woke up, if you know what I mean :D

Oh yes 351c thats my language I speak Cleveland!. Whats in store for the wake up!

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
pipedobber

Post by pipedobber »

Alan, don't have it all figured out yet. I was told by the previous owner it was a 351m, but it had more power than any old doggy 351m I have ever been around. So, I got to doing research and found out I have a 351c cobra jet block that someone has put 2bbl heads on. I'm a big block fan and never messed with small blocks, but from what I understand the 351c is a pretty healthy small block. Thought I would try my hand at a screaming little small block.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Had a 351C 4V heads in a 70 Mach1, car would haul after you got her wound up. I always heard the Aussie heads were better for a street driver/racer. They probably have some nice aluminum ones out now.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

a 351c cobra jet block is a pretty good starting piont!,you lucky bugger :lol: keep us posted,

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
pipedobber

Post by pipedobber »

Alan, May I ask what your 351c build is and some of the tricks of the cleveland? Thanks, Chris
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Chris, My presant motor is near stock inside save the Crows 21771 LPG cam and followers, the manifold is a Weiand X-celerator(single plain) with twin 65 mm gas research throttle bodies.
the dissy is a MSD pn8580 fed by a MSD 6AL multispark discharge unit,and tri-y headers to a 2.5" exhaust.

I hope to get a set of AFD 2v-2 heads, but that will have to wait till after slickstock 08 but hey what the hell i`ll wait!

try this site for more info http://airflowdynamics.com.au/.

Alan,

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

For a street engine you have the right combination, 2bbl heads are better than the 4bbl ones unless you're gonna rev it to about 10,000 RPM. I can't remember if they were for the 2bbl heads too or just for the 4bbl ones. There used to be plates available that bolted on to the heads under the headers that changed the exhaust port to a "D" shape. They improved the gas velocity and were quite abit of help with the low end torque.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
pipedobber

Post by pipedobber »

I would really like to spin this engine to 6,000-6,500. I am thinking that the 2bbl heads with a little clean up will let me do this without losing too much low end. I have been looking at the wiend x-celerator 2v for the intake. Have contacted crane for cam and valvetrain. Only thing I don't have figured out yet is how to get to 9.5-10.0:1 compression. Everything I have found says that the 2bbl heads with flat top pistons give 8.9:1 compression and the aussie 2bbl heads with the closed chambers will put me over 10.0:1 compression. I would like to stay below 10.0:1 compression in order to run pump gas. If you have any more info on how to get the compression I need, I would appreciate the info. Thanks, Chris