Part number for a 61 F-100 turn signal switch?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

RlCHARD CRANlUM

Part number for a 61 F-100 turn signal switch?

Post by RlCHARD CRANlUM »

Can anyone confirm that the correct part number for a 61 F-100 turn signal switch is C1TF-13341-K.

Thanks...Ken
Effie

Post by Effie »

C1TF looks like an engineering number, should be C1TZ.

Where'd you get the number at? 13341 is the base number on a switch if I remember right.

I can check it when I get to work. [I work in the Parts Dept at a Ford dealer.]

edit - that number comes up as "invalid." Where'd you get the number?
~/\/\elissa~
Image '66 F100 -- Little Black
Image '78 Bronco -- Brutus

RlCHARD CRANlUM

I got the number from an ebay item.

I can see the number on the paper tag, I wonder if the number on the metal tag is different.
Effie

Post by Effie »

Well, like I said, the number doesn't come up in FMC. 13341 is the basic on a turn signal switch, and for all intents in and purposes that *should* be the right number, but don't bet the farm on what I say. :lol:

I checked the Dennis-Carpenter site and they have it with a different pre-fix. :shrug
~/\/\elissa~
Image '66 F100 -- Little Black
Image '78 Bronco -- Brutus

shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

Richard, unless your needing a concours EXACT switch for yours. I saved a few bucks on mine and went with a car quest replacement turn signal switch with applications for mustangs,comets,falcons,T birds, etc etc. I think it was almost 15 bucks cheaper about 62 bucks vs almost 80. just a suggestion
Comet

Post by Comet »

Shawn, is that an easy swap? My turn signal cancel on the left side is broken off and I have been wanting to repace it. I wasn't aware the '61 repros were available though.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

Comet, its not hard to swap out your turn signal switch. its kind of tricky getting it all out inside the truck since the harness runs through the column. I would take it out and do a once through myself if I was doing this. this way you can make sure your columns bearings are good and replace them if needed as well as the lower seal. as far as the switch itself the one in my 64 fit in the column without any changes. I also made my own signal lever
if you plan doing the swap inside the pickup. youll have to remove steering wheel and horn button. as well as fish out the harness through the column housing

I am probably forgetting something here, its been a while since ive done this lol
RlCHARD CRANlUM

Well as of right now, the price is 10 bucks with 5 for shipping. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the replies.
Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks Shawn. I figured it wouldn't be too hard. I just didn't know if mounting holes lined up, wires matched, etc. I also want to us the original turn lever, or one very close to it. I've had mine apart and looked at it. I just don't want to be buying parts that don't swap easily and having to return them until I find something that works. Come to think about it, I have a post uni slick column sitting around somewhere. I'll have to see if it still has the signal switch.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

comet yes its a direct fit, swap ,whatever you want to call it, lol as far as wiring colors i have no idea my slick did not have the original switch inside, it had one of them fancy external mounted with a hose clamp chrome deals. I am going to say that I am sure the wiring colors will be pretty close to the same. and it wouldnt be hard to figure out which is which. I just went this way because its a new part thats about 15-20 bucks less than one for a f100, obviously one for a mustang will be cheaper since there is mass production of restoration parts for them.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

the tag number is just a ID# Number used by Ford,, that number will then have to be converted to the correct Ford number
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

shawns fords wrote:Comet, its not hard to swap out your turn signal switch. its kind of tricky getting it all out inside the truck since the harness runs through the column. I would take it out and do a once through myself if I was doing this. this way you can make sure your columns bearings are good and replace them if needed as well as the lower seal. as far as the switch itself the one in my 64 fit in the column without any changes. I also made my own signal lever
if you plan doing the swap inside the pickup. youll have to remove steering wheel and horn button. as well as fish out the harness through the column housing

I am probably forgetting something here, its been a while since ive done this lol

if you have a 4x4 or f350 or bigger the wires run outside the column and its much less hassle to deal with.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

My Uni still had the original metal one in it, still works too.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.