alum valve cover

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

don luster

alum valve cover

Post by don luster »

I have been looking for a alum valve cover for 223 6th cyl. Unable to find any on computer. I have heard that offenhauser still makes them but couldn't find any. Does anyone know where on computer. Thanks Don
JFCDeuce

Post by JFCDeuce »

www.offyparts.com

http://www.offyparts.com/product_info.p ... bacaf6a4d5

They may need to back order it, but they are available... I found mine on E-bay. ($140) See my album for pics)

Also these are for the 2 stud mount type (50's era). To use it on a 60's 223 you will need the 2 rocker shaft mounting brakets from a 50's engine, that hold the studs, also you will need to grind away 6 notches on the inside lip of the cover to make it fit over the valve cover bolt holes on the head. (The cover has a channel to mount the gasket in, unlike a stock cover which only has an outer flange.) good luck, they do look good when finished.
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

that's pretty cool.

How much power do you think you're getting out of that eng/ intake setup? I'm guessing you also got the internals to warrant the intake???

Granted, it don't matter for me anymore, but still curious, as an ex-owner of a 223.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
JFCDeuce

Post by JFCDeuce »

blackagatha wrote:that's pretty cool.

How much power do you think you're getting out of that eng/ intake setup? I'm guessing you also got the internals to warrant the intake???

I'm not too sure at the moment, I'm straying from pushing it to hard till I deal with the slowly loudening rythmic tick coming from the bottom end.
(I suspect a rod bearing.)

I've done the high lift rockers, but I'm still a bit over carbed, I am intending to run it progressive as soon ansd I can engineer that linkage. also I've got a NOS cam that I'm debating getting re-ground fror a bit more punch... also I need to adapt the dizzy.