ididit window setup from the supernats

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

blackagatha

ididit window setup from the supernats

Post by blackagatha »

61 Merc wrote:Here's the picture of a closeup of the Ididit truck that I had seen at the Supernationals last year. It was a nice truck.

[img][albumimg]1738[/albumimg][/img]

Turns out this was in response to my thread, way back when. I never saw it... IT is EXACTLY what I want to do to Aggie. I want to know everything any of you guys know about it.

(esp where I might be able to get one)... I wonder if they are willing to modify the design for an altered cab. I doubt it.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
turtle1056

Post by turtle1056 »

this was a one off hardtopp slick

Door were modified extensively front and rear, as was the rear edges of the roof to accommodate the glass.
Edge flanges were welded in to hold the window seals
If memory serves the glass was custom as well cuz it does have a small curve in it

I doubt there will ever be a kit for this one
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Wow, that looks really cool...also looks like a total pain in da butt to do. :shock:
I see the wipers are hidden behind the cowl, too.

Judging from the mirror & the paint stripe on the door, that looks to be this truck. This is the only pic I've got. :?

My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
61 Merc
Canada

Post by 61 Merc »

That is the truck, and it is owned by the Ididit company. I talked to him at the supernats took a few pictures. Not sure where he had it done, but if you contact the company, they may let you know.
61 Mercury SWB Uni - Project
62 Mercury SWB BBW - Race truck
63 Ford SWB Uni - Daily driver (Jinx)
63 Ford SWB Uni - Parts truck
killercoating

Post by killercoating »

this might not be too bad to do... if you look close the mirror creates and area deep enough to clear the hinges in the door...

I have been working out the logistics in this mod for the last few days after reading a how to on removing the vent window... I figured by creating a sq. off edge around the front of the door the window wouldn't need to twist or bend... Now I need to start measuring glass at the local bone yard to see what could be cut down to match the contours of our doors... this part might wait until after winter though, as it's too cold to do recon right now...
1966 F100 CC LWB (The soon Air Ride Truck)
1969 Merc. Cougar Eliminator (The Muscle Car)
2003 883 Sportster Chopper (Hand Fabricated)
2004 TOTALED Mitsu Lancer Ralliart (Import Tuner)
NEW TOY - 1936 Dodge Coupe (HotRod)
turtle1056

Post by turtle1056 »

u cant cut down side glass - its tempered - you cant grind it down either - been there done it - unsuccessfully

Dont forget that this top is chopped 4" as well so you may not liek the look of a full size cab hardtop
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

turtle1056 wrote:u cant cut down side glass - its tempered - you cant grind it down either - been there done it - unsuccessfully

well, "we" may not be able to do it, but I'm certain a glass shop with proper equipment should be able to do it no problem.

The filler panel in the front is what I've been thinking about for quite some time. Relieve all the issues with the hinge for sure.

I wanna know what application the seals came from, or if they were totally custom as well...

And ya know, they did some sweet bodywork on that truck... But I seriously don't care for the interior... looks fancy/expensive, but not enough class to it. the dash especially just looks dumb!
ImageImageImage
Rosati

Post by Rosati »

having been in the glass business for near 20 years, I can tell you that temperedglass can not be ground down more than a few mm without shattering.
You can however make an aluminum template and have the glass cut and molded to your pattern, then tempered.
This will not be cheap. A lite of flat tempered glass will run you in the area of $75 at a glass shop. Add a cutting fee for shaped glass, a fee for molding, and a fee for tempering.
This could easily add up to more than a couple of hundred for just one side.
I hate Message Boards.
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

thats definately a great looking pickup. Very modern looking. I wonder if you could make them weatherstripping smaller so its not overloading the area around the glass?
I like mine better because the mirror doesnt cover up that lower corner. and I could still run my peep mirrors like i planned instead
Image[/img]
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

yeah, the rubber is a little huge, on the bottom anyway. Around the roof seal looks proper, just the bottom. Maybe it seals the slot when the window is down. If that is the case, It's sweet.

ha, in any case, the squishy around the top would make for a nice headache reducer in the event of a careless entry...
ImageImageImage