Tires And Wheels... Argh!!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Rosati

Post by Rosati »

dwbr wrote:
Rosati wrote:Any competent wheel shop should have a tool similar to this one click here

i bought one of those and they suck, it is almost imposible to use that "tire size" wire crap

I agree, that's why I said "similar to this one"
I used one close to this except it had a clamp to hold the actual tire and it allowed you to move through the steering range to check for clearances.
I hate Message Boards.
Effie

Post by Effie »

1966 Ford wrote:if you go to lesschwab.com you can do a virtual wheels thing with a slick ford truck can not do tires unless you go to a store but they are only located in oregon, washington, idaho, and northern california. but you can look at different wheels.

Yeah, they have one at the Summit Racing store. When I went down there to pick up my other goodies, I played with it some and to my surprise they had a "65" F100, however I could tell it was actually a 61-63 because the emblem was on the side of the hood and not the fender. :lol:

Thanks for the added replies and comments.

I got my tires Friday, but my brother has been sick so I haven't been over to his house to put them on the truck yet, argh! My mom says I'm weird because I've been driving around with a set of wheels and tires in the back of my Bronco all weekend -- and am excited about it, heh.

Stayed tuned for pics later today. :)
~/\/\elissa~
Image '66 F100 -- Little Black
Image '78 Bronco -- Brutus