1966 Ford Truck Inspection Requirements?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

sbk5280

1966 Ford Truck Inspection Requirements?

Post by sbk5280 »

I am new to this board and new to the classic truck world. I just purchased a 1966 Ford Truck truck and now i am trying to find out everything that it needs to pass inspection here in texas. Or is there anyone that knows a site that has a breakdown on what the truck originally came with? Does the truck originally have seat belts? Thanks for any help in advance.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

If you register it as a antique it does not have to pass inspection. No windshield sticker required.

If you intend to drive it more often than the antique status will allow I think it just has to have all the required in 1966 safety equipment. Nothing should need to be added, however if anything has been added, it will need to function as inteneded
dwbr

Post by dwbr »

when i got my 65 inspected , they just looked at basic stuff, horn, lights, wipers, didnt even pop the hood, , there are no emission test
________
Toyota Industries history
Last edited by dwbr on February 7, 2011, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

WHat was the first year for standard seatbelts?? My 63 did not have them. there wasn't even holes in the floor.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i think 68 was the 1st year they were standard for trucks.pretty sure 68 was 1st year for back seat belts standard on cars too.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i know my 64 did not have them, but i can't remember if there were holes in the floor for them. anyway it passed inspection here in missouri without them. they did make me put the passenger side windshield wiper arm back on though. they worked,but would bind up. lol
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

dwbr wrote:when i got my 65 inspected , they just looked at basic stuff, horn, lights, wipers, didnt even pop the hood, , there are no emission test

Same here and it was like $12.50. AHh, something on the truck that was finally inexpensive :D

Z
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

My '64 has the seat belts. They were at least offered as an option in '64. They are shown in my '64 owners manual on page 28.
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

I cannot beleive that the great state of Texas would give you too much trouble with an old pickup truck.

Not that I agree with all the politics in TX, but it when it comes to emissions and rules, it sure ain't Massachusetts!!

That being said -- My wife got her drivers license many years ago in Houston and our car had those deer whistles (supposed to scare the deer off and avoid hitting them). The fine young woman at the Harris Co. DMV was convinced that those little gizmos were radar detectors and made me BREAK THEM OFF before we could take the driving test.

So TX has its fair share of idiots as well, I must report....
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

cdherman wrote:
So TX has its fair share of idiots as well

You sir are right. :mrgreen:
malbans

1966 status

Post by malbans »

New Jersey Antique status is OK with police in my town...no chop busting!
oldtrucks
United States of America

1966 Ford truck inspection requirements

Post by oldtrucks »

sbk5280

I must be in a really good state (Idaho) I took my title to the dmv and registered my 62 got my plates went home and put them on and have been driving it ever since. Same with insurance, called my agent gave them the vin and insurance was on right then.

I sure like living in Idaho.
Mike Kincheloe
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

[quote="dwbr"]when i got my 65 inspected , they just looked at basic stuff, horn, lights, wipers, didnt even pop the hood, , there are no emission test

Ours are the same here,they are inspected anually for a fee of $32.00 +compulsory third party insurance $423.00 incl GST +registration fee& tax $385.00 so for a mere $840.00 your ready to roll,Oh yeah petrol is tipped to top $1.40 ltr this week :shock:

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

I thought in texas the requirements were to have a texas style can of beanz in the glove box for emergencies, a texas sized fly swatter and uncle skips recipe for the chilli :lol:

oh and welcome.gif
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

Not a problem in Indiana either . We dont have inspections anymore.
malbans

Re: 1966 Ford truck inspection requirements

Post by malbans »

Oh, did I mention that I'm moving to Seeley Lake Montana in May?...See you out West where the only salt on the ground is where you miss your dinner plate!
Rosati

Post by Rosati »

Depending on your location, they may test the gas cap. It is supposed keep the fumes in the tank. Some shops test it , others don't
I hate Message Boards.
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

Arizona is a good state too.

No inspection

Registration costs like $20 for twice the standard registration period (because no emissions for ol Aggie-WOOT!)-nothing older than '66 I think (and that is based off the vehicle VIN, not the engine. I could stick in a motor from an '07 and never run emissions)

And Allstate insurance thinks that my truck is less of a liability than my brother's 67 Mustang... HAHAHA
They are badly mistaken. They care not what engine is in it (I could probably stick a funny car eng. in it and pay same insurance as the 223 I6. )
And they don't typically consider my truck a likely candidate for "drifting"

And donuts, etc.

that idiot thought the deer whistles were radar detectors.... what a retard... So I gather that Raadar Detectors are illegal in Texas?

It's funny, everything thinks they are illegal in California... It is illegal to stick things to the windshield or hang stuff from the mirror, so they are indirectly "banned" but if you stick it to the dash, you got no problems.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

blackagatha wrote:So I gather that Raadar Detectors are illegal in Texas?

Only when you are in a commercial vehicle like a OTR truck.