New 65

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Motocentro

New 65

Post by Motocentro »

So My pops drove the new slick home last night (I live in the city, and the slick appeared about a mile from his house on the same day I had my little wipe-out. Let's just say I trust his judgment :) ). It's been sitting a while, so it needs a little TLC, but things look promising.

1 owner
240 6cyl.
Styleside
ShortBed
That desert tan color
Gray interior
Painted grill and bumpers
One "elbow dent" in the passenger door
Factory Automatic Transmission :shock:
Heavy duty rear springs
All completely stock

How do I know it's all stock? The original invoice was included. $2100 new with auto transmission, Heavier rear springs and AM radio listed as the the only options.

Now I don't feel so bad about hot-rodding my little blue effie since I've got an "odd-bird" one owner gem to restore! I'll post pics after I get them on Saturday.
My new signature.
mrcando_66F100

Post by mrcando_66F100 »

Sweet! :dancing:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

very Kewl!!

Pics please
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Is the grey interior a factory job? Most of the ones I've seen with the "desert tan" color combo have had a white interior, that's why I was curious.

It sure sounds like a cool truck & that's extra cool that the owner had the original invoice. I got my '65 from it's original owner, but he was old enough to be a tad scatterbrained. I had to give him a couple days to find the keys & title for the truck.
He thought he may have more stuff on it, but as of yet I haven't heard back from him. That's ok, though.

So your plans are to restore it to bone stock original? Good for you! :cheers:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Motocentro

Post by Motocentro »

The interior could be white. Haven't seen it yet. Like I said - I had my dad pick it up. This is kind of a father-son project idea so far. My blue truck is mostly stock, but I want a hotrod. My dad wants a slick now (he retired, finished his house and needs a project). We figured we could pick up this "new" one while we pieced my blue one back together. Since nothing has been changed on the "new" one it is a good candidate for a resto. Pops is into the restoration end while I am into the whole "resto-mod" thing. This way we can both be happy. . .or at least I can minimize the "now why do you want to put a 302 HO into it?" and the "Why do you need disc brakes?" questions while I am using his shop for these "blasphemies."
My new signature.