Where I started.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jwh f-100
United States of America

Where I started.

Post by jwh f-100 »

I thought I had a few good "before" photos but have not had luck finding them. I had this photo given to me today. It is just a scanned copy and I had to resize to upload so it is a little rough but here it is.

This was just a couple months after I pulled it from it's 15 year stay in a garage. It did not have a tire that would hold air so I did install the wheels (that now live in MO) and cleaned it up but it is pretty much barn fresh in this photo.

[albumimg]3256[/albumimg]

It was definately not the prettiest vehicle at that little show but it was definatly the best sounding with those little stacks the PO installed. I never liked the looks of them but it was definatly music to my ears.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

It had a handmade wood bed? :shock:

Cool pic...and I like the current bed a lot more. :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
norville

Post by norville »

Much better Jason, Hey there's a 63 local to me that's going for $350 I thought about getting it for parts, but After I get the plow truck. I think I'm at the wifes limit on derelict vehicles....

thepapershop.com

'63 FORD F100, stepside, 272 V8, 4-spd., not running, no title, solid frame, $350. OBO +(PITTSTON) ###-###-####

TRUCK BOX, 8', from '66 Ford, good sides, $400. +(ATHENS) ###-###-#### Aft.5pm

'65 MERCURY 390 ENGINE, w/auto. trans., has motor dash trans. mounts, new, adapts to '51-'52 Ford pickup, $250. +(SWEET VALLEY) ###-###-####

bob
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Yeah, a wood bed made from all rough cut lumber. Kinda scary but it looked like the guy put alot of time in it. It would of almost looked neat filled with milk cans with some sort of 60's era logo painted on the door.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope after another year or so I can post an "after" shot. I really want to get agressive on it. It has been a busy summer and I have put it on the back burner.

Bob, Maybe I just found what I want to buy myself for christmas. I wonder if the 63 is a long or short. I am going to check my papershop tonight to look for the add. I hope it is not soo new that it has not hit the "hard copy" yet, sometimes they post online before they hit the racks.
norville

Post by norville »

I think it's been in there at least a week. Let me know that's only 20mins away.

Maybe can work something out on moving two vehicles one up and one down.

do you have a trailer?

bob
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

I always enjoyed the solid frame refrences in PA trucks.....

Nothing else may be there but the frame is SOLID!

Garbz
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Cool I'll call him tonight. Yeah maybe we could figure somthing out. Normally it may be possible for me to borrow a F550 and a trailer with a winch from work but this time of year it has a full sinder spreader on it but lets both explore options and we'll talk when you come up. :thumright:
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

haha that wooden bed is interesting to say the least. definitely not pretty though...
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage