Looking for a thread about filler neck shaving

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Clearcreekcustom66

Looking for a thread about filler neck shaving

Post by Clearcreekcustom66 »

i was hoping that someone may know where the thread about moving the gas tank and shaving the filler neck. Thank you Jason
When i start laying black streaks - they start leaving brown ones.

1966 F100 cc 352 soon very soon 351w
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Here is a couple of shots of what I did. Since everyone does not have access to a MIG welder and I like to try different things, here's what I did.
1. I made a paper template of the recessed area where the original fuel filler went.
2. I cut a piece of 20 gauge metal to match the template.
3. I used a ball peen hammer and a piece of plywood to gently hammer a curved rounded shape to the metal cutout.
4. I continiously checked the contour until I was satisfied with the over all shape of the filler piece.
5. I drilled 1/8" holes in the body and filler piece and helt them in place with "small" sheet metal screws until I was satisfied with the fit.
*do not use large screws or you will open up the holes and your pop rivets won't hold.
6. I wire brushed the cab and bottom of the filler until they were clean, wiped them down with Ospho or Gem Rust Killer and let it dry.
7. I mixed up a batch of JB Weld and used it as a bonder under the filler piece I made and used stainless steel 1/8" pop rivets to attach the filler.
8. I smoothed the JB Weld out and let it cure until the next day and then I started filling with body filler.
Dead easy, its been over 4 years since I've done the job, and there is no hint of a crack.
Hope this is what you're asking about. If not, I have photos of how I mounted my filler neck in the bed of my truck.
Merry Christmas " ya'll.
U@ss

[albumimg]3339[/albumimg]
The filler piece in place with the rivets,
[albumimg]3340[/albumimg]
and semi-finished with body filler and primer
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Clearcreekcustom66

Post by Clearcreekcustom66 »

Thats what i was looking for. Thanks

I am very interested in seeing how that set up will work its a new idea

Jason
When i start laying black streaks - they start leaving brown ones.

1966 F100 cc 352 soon very soon 351w