bent bumper,,

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jeffw

bent bumper,,

Post by jeffw »

hey fellas, do any of yous know of any trick to bending a solid steel bumper strait? I tried using a floor jack and jumping on top of the bumper, two of us by the way, 450lbs combined, but no bend,, any ideas?

[albumimg]2265[/albumimg]

[albumimg]2094[/albumimg]
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

If you take it off send it to a place that chromes bumpers and tell them only to straighten it out only,, they can since if it was going to be chrome they would have to do it any way :idea: :idea:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

any bodyshop should be able to do that.

http://www.cumminstools.com/browse.cfm/4,87.htm

for 100 bucks you might score the tool and do it yourself and have the tool for other jobs later. how I have done it is find something sturdy that wont move (or get hurt),park the truck in front of it and use the ram in small doses until its straightened out.
Rosati

Post by Rosati »

You'd be better off just replacing the bumper. You will never get it straight again, and a body shop will charge you more than a replacment
I hate Message Boards.
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

I have straightened bumpers in the past, but they never come out quite right due to the metal stretching and not being able to shrink it in the right place. Usually end up haveing some warp in them.
Fred