Pics Of The '66

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Effie

Pics Of The '66

Post by Effie »

Haven't put up any updated pics of the ol boy lately. Finally got off my butt and put them on my Supermotors so I can post them.

Here ya go....

Wish some doofus hadn't cut the dash.

Thanks to jwh f100 for the armrest. The original one was pretty busted up, he sent me a pair of good ones. Maybe I should have bought those red door panels I found at the Supernats.

Part of the reason I bought this truck. Check out that bed!!

Yeah, the wires are a little long. Its a HEI style distributor and those wires are for a 351M/400. I'll get some custom wires when I put in the new FE.

Thanks for looking. :)
~/\/\elissa~
Image '66 F100 -- Little Black
Image '78 Bronco -- Brutus

Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

What a good lookin' little shorty! 8) He looks perfectly happy in the pics out on the back forty. :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Effie

Post by Effie »

Haha, thanks. That "back 40" is my brother's front yard. I went over there for Easter and was thinking the whole time about what a great place it is to take pics. So I just pulled up and parked in the grass. Of course the family was like, "omg, you're parking on his grass!" Then my brother comes out and is like, well, it does make a good pic. :lol: He's the one that helps me with the truck and knows how much it means to me. Its also currently parked in the barn at his place waiting on a new carb and some other work.
~/\/\elissa~

Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

It's about time! Looking good. Thanks for sharing.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

Nice. I like the wheels too.

Z
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

NICE!!!

Those wheels and mini moons are pretty!

cool truck... too bad you didnt get the door panels.

and why OH WHY mus all POs hack a ragged hole in the dash for some p.o.s. radio?

Aggie has a hole that is like half an inch too long, that they pop-riveted a chunk of aluminum in to fill, and the moron drilled a bunch of holes for the jigsaw, on the outside edge of the hole, so there's like 4 drill holes, and crroked cuts... like WTF MATE? The act of cutting the hole was justified enough, if they werent a complete moron about it...

SOME DAY I'll get around to welding it up to make a Nice radio hole... and fix the awful hatchet-wound style hole they made in the top of the dash to hang a speaker... damn it's awful. I screwed a speaker cover down over it for the meanwhile...
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Effie, what did the PO use little black for, by the looks of the bed to cart the bibles to church on Sundays :) , his a nice looking unit more pics please.

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
jwh f-100
United States of America

Re: Pics Of The '66

Post by jwh f-100 »

Effie wrote:Thanks to jwh f100 for the armrest. The original one was pretty busted up, he sent me a pair of good ones.

:wink: They may have just been dust collectors. Glad they worked out for you. They came from needmoretime's swap meet and I think alot of those items came from Garbz.

The truck looks great.. Yeah It is too bed about your dash. I know the PO of my truck better not cross my path in a dark alley..

I also like the speaker. IMO if fits the "slick" style excactly.
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
Michael Bryce Winnick

Wheel-Tire combo

Post by Michael Bryce Winnick »

What size wheel and tire combo is that and what is the backspacing?
Thanks
Keep up the good work. I bought my 66 from a guy in North Carolina because my bed is in the same shape as yours. In Michigan we drop dead when we see silver metal on our project cars.
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Nice to see pics again Effie. We all know that is one of the straightest slicks out there. Too bad about the PO and the dash. I can't imagine why anyone would hack up a dash on a classic vehicle. Personally, my AM radio and dual antennas looks right at home in my Ranger. My tunes are installed under the cab in the form of twin stainless Magnaflows 8)
Mark

Effie

Post by Effie »

Alan Mclennan wrote:Effie, what did the PO use little black for, by the looks of the bed to cart the bibles to church on Sundays ...

I have no idea. From some surface rusted places on the top of the bed side and some very small dents in the top of the cab, it looks like it had a rack mounted on the side and maybe toted some ladders. If it was used as a work truck, I don't know how in the world that bed survived not getting dented.

Michael Bryce Winnick wrote:What size wheel and tire combo is that and what is the backspacing?

They're US Wheel Chrome Smoothies in 15x8 and I believe the backspacing is 4". The tires are Yokohama Geolander HT/S in 30x9.5 I have more pics of how they fit in the Supermotors album under wheel/tires. click here In my opinion they're a little narrow on the rear, but I wasn't willing to sacrifice tire rotation for different sized tires front and rear. I had thought about some very small wheel spacers on the back to set the wheel out a little more in the fender well.

Thanks for all the compliments and replies. :)
~/\/\elissa~

Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Looks nice, My favorite 66 CC color combination too. :thumright:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
64 litl un

Post by 64 litl un »

Nice 66. :D Its very clean Perfect wheels and stance...
I can drive it home with one headlight.
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

well, I dont mind the side to side only rotation. well, except that the fronts last way longer than the rears and start looking shabby after the first couple sets of rears go away.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage