CV suspension swap

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jecsd1

Post by jecsd1 »

Per Billyt's comment. I got the rear axles and drums from a 77-79 t bird. slid right in and gave me 5x4.5.
Poweradded66

Re: CV suspension swap

Post by Poweradded66 »

Billyt,

I live in Azle - which is pretty close to you.

Where did you have your frame C-notched? I am thinking of doing that.

billyt wrote:Hi Guys,
I'm new to the club. I have a '65 Slick that I have already taken down to the bare frame. I have already c-notched the rear and will be going with ladder bars and coil-overs.

I'd really appreciate some help on the front end, though. I bought, then sold, some lowering I-beams as I just wasn't satisfied with the weight of the set-up as well as the heft of the crossmember involved.

In going through the posts, I see that several of you recommend a Crown Vic front suspension. Having never seen a CV front suspension up-close & personal (cops get real upset if you try to look under their cars!), has anyone done a series on installing the unit. It's aluminium? Does it bolt in? What frame modications are necessary?

Here's the kicker: I'm keeping the 300 I-6 and will be heading to the strip as well as the street with it.

I'd really appreciate your input and assistance. Also, any members in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Thanks! :shock:
wbulick

Post by wbulick »

As much as I hate to cross breed, my 66 has a Camaro sub frame under the front. Truck sits great, rides great, parts are everywhere.

Oh yeah, and an axle flip on the rear suspension.
1966 F-100 SWB