Texas to KC

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

mikecarson

Texas to KC

Post by mikecarson »

Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

:rotflmao:
632 miles.
the AK- Canada border is farther than that from me.
its not the tolls that bother me ,but the trolls.lots of bridges and they could be hiding below.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Wholly lightnin' There is NO I repeat NO reason the ENTIRE Texas contingent should not be there. 632 miles,, a flippin' day-trip :roll:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

I did it in a day! Leave at 5:30 and get there by suppertime. But we'll be cruising and taking in the scenery. Then we'll probably have to pitch in and post bail for Skip when he decides to open up all 3 outside of Dallas, so add another 2 hours to that.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
PFM-64f100

humm only 587 miles for me...

Post by PFM-64f100 »

It's only 587.07 miles for me.. Hope everything works out this year and next year so I can go. I've got a lot of work to do and I have to find a lot of money to do it with. I will try.
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Wow, that's only 1093.89 miles for me...I should hurry up & slap my truck together! :P
Hmmm, on second thought, with today's gas prices, I wonder if it would be cheaper to UPS all the parts there & assemble it on site? I could stow away in the box containing the cab, with beer & sandwiches. :rotflmao:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

I have been reading about this for some time and might just have to start a penny jar to help with expenses. It is only 1800 miles or so, the wife says she would love to take a road trip. I almost had to run to the bathroom after reading Slickfans idea about UPS. Maybe the real excitement would be to have a complete slick in parts and see how long it would take for the group to put it together. Now that would be something to have a video of.
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

How bout the looks on our faces :shock: when we see the shipping charges from UPS? :oops:

Now that would make a picture worth a thousand words! 8)
Mark

ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

hey ras, maybe I can set my truck (whichever I decide to bring :hm: ) sideways across the bed rails on yours? that way we can split the gas bill :D
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Guys

I can scoot accross 40 or 10 into texas and meet up for the north leg. I will be bringing Christine and the model A on a trailer. About 1300 total miles one way. Longer than the first slick stock!

Garbz
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Ripsnorter; Great idea but why stop with one slick. How many slicks could we stack? Great picture for a slick calander. Maybe three before we have to drive around bridges. With a F600 pulling a transport trailer would could really make a statement.
cookster4495

Post by cookster4495 »

I like the idea of a group build,do the fun stuff,cruising during the day,then after supper instead of just standing around b/sssing with adult bev,could be turning wrenches b/s with adult beverage :roll: :roll: :?:
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Garbz if you come across 10 you can cut up through Lubbock, or if you do 40 I can meet you in Amarillo. Mine may be to radical to drive that far by 08, the MPG is already single digits. I can get 13 trailering it behind the Supercrew.

I would love to drive it but if I don't have a gear vendors, or maybe swap in a 3.00to1 it ain't gonna happen. I went from my house 20 miles to the dragstrip, made a couple of passes and back, used just over 1/2 a tank.
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Sounds like a plan to me, probally I 40 would be the better route then i dont have to swing down through el paso.

I may have another iron in the fire for the trip. going to look at it tonight.

Garbz
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Slick Fan wrote:Wow, that's only 1093.89 miles for me...I should hurry up & slap my truck together! :P
Hmmm, on second thought, with today's gas prices, I wonder if it would be cheaper to UPS all the parts there & assemble it on site? I could stow away in the box containing the cab, with beer & sandwiches. :rotflmao:
:laughing:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
lincolnslick

Post by lincolnslick »

it is 1312 miles for me and i still think i am gonna try and save up the coin for the trip
nothing like the smell of tiresmoke in the morning
BlueGhost

Post by BlueGhost »

Any plans for a Houston convoy? My slick goes to the body shop the first week in July, I'm hoping to have it back in time for SS.
SBC is a defunct phone company, not an engine option.
stronger66ratfink

Post by stronger66ratfink »

is there a plan on a caravan to Slick stock from the Houston area?
I'm leaning more to the positive side now on going, will be trailering the old girl there but just looking for more direction
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

I'll be in the process of moving then, but we'll be just off I45 if ya'll need a leg stretch.

Richland is just before Corsicana.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Might be going after all.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W