Itenerary set... ( I hope!)

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Casey 65
United States of America

Itenerary set... ( I hope!)

Post by Casey 65 »

check out the

http://groups.msn.com/Slick-Stock/_whatsnew.msnw

site for the S/S III Itinerary.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

that is an awsome itinerary gerry.
can i start a thread to get a list of the number of trucks that want to go to the truck drags at kcir? i need to think about getting a rough number to mike so we can finalize a reduced gate fee.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Yes, by all means do. I really appreciate your help with Slick Stock. The drags were a fantastic idea.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

:cheers:
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Truckfarmer2

Post by Truckfarmer2 »

What happened to the Harley Davidson plant tour?
If you continue to buy imports, where will your children work?
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

It's an alternate cruse. We can set it up for anyone that wants to go.
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

I just found out the Harley factory here has suspended tours. I plan to check the week of Sllick Stock and we will go if the tours have been reinstated.
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Looks good. I would not try to add anything more than what you have. Note to 2010 planners: I'm having a huge debate right now with another club I belong to that has an event that started out just like SlickStock. It is now a 200+ vehicle show with judging, banquet, etc. DO NOT GO DOWN THIS PATH!! Keep it simple. We are having a revolt of sorts because the costs and logistics have gotten to be so high and out of control that most people want to return to something where they can just 'show up' and tailgate to all hours of the morning. We're doing it right! Don't try to make it too complicated. Those who have been there know...the simple formula we have is working. :D
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

For as long as i've been in Slick 60's the only rules are no competitions, no judging,, just guys getting together to talk and have fun with these trucks. Some believe Henry built them as they should be, others have different ideas on what they should be. We respect each others individual ideas on these trucks. The "best of show" at Slick Stock is the one you are working on. The problems we encounter are the same regardles how you are building the truck. that's the common ground that holds the group together. No President, no dues, no BS, just a bunch of guys (and gals) having a great time together. The grudge race between Kid and I is just for fun. (now that I've found out he is running a blown 390... LOL).
Seriously, I doubt that Slick Stock will ever be a serious show with judging, etc. It could become a 200+ truck event....(wow, think of the swap meet that would be!) but, no competitions, no trophys, just fun. All the things to do on the itenerary are optional, BUT FUN IS NOT. So, I'll see you all in about 3 weeks. old.gif