What SlickStock is all about

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

What SlickStock is all about

Post by Kid »

Well 4 Years ago we had the first one in Ankeny Iowa. We decided then that there would be no prizes or trophies just freinds getting together to hang out for a few Days. If you are undecided about attending this year in K.C. do whatever you can to make the trip, it is well worth it. If you had made it you would know about the tornado warnings when we walked out of having dinner one nite and if you made it to York 2 years ago you would know what it cost to kiss the ugly fat girl at the airport, ask Lymann. It is a great time had by all and you will see some AWSOME trucks and meet some even better People.

Lets have some people who have attended add some posts here about the time they had at either event, you won't believe some of the stories that have been told.

On the way to York Pa 2 Years ago we ran with truckfarmer, Matt and my Brother Don and the trip out and back was almost as much fun as we had when we got there.

We are looking forward to seeing all our old freinds from the first 2 events and meeting up with new freinds this Year.

SEE YOU THERE>>>>>>>>>>>Darrell & Robbin
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

All i gotta say is who can forget the MAC chapters return through Maumie Ohio....Puke fest 04......Dudes.....I had to promise never to torture Sinc again with Jrs chatter......

Or seeing the brand new radio hit the steering wheel and flip hit the door sill and woosh.. WTFWT as the parts smashed all over I80....You are right Darrell, most of the fun was getting there...

06 was a little more toned down for me as Jr was injured with 2 broken legs but he troopered it out. Even drove a slick there for a change.....It was fun driving there in a un known if reliable truck, as Tim asked getting in to christine "This bitch isn't going to kill us is she?"

And who can forget hanging in the parkinlot till 3 am drinking some cool ones.. Pricless time and great memories.

Garbz
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

SS04 the wife and I met up with Vinnie and his buddy Jon trailing his truck Stella out to Ankeny. We had lots of fun on that trip out, Vinnie is such a great guy. I would trade an hour of hanging out with Vinnie in an Outback restaurant for just about anything. Got there not knowing anybody, and this long haired dude (Kid) runs up and welcomes me with the biggest handshake and all was a great time after that. Cruise night was at the local hamburger stand that night, and Gerry (casey65) and I had no rides, so we were left standing in the hotel parking lot listening to the crickets chirp. But then the boys got back and we BS'ed in the parking lot well into the morning. Lotsa fun and restaurants and show and shine and BS, but the all time highlight was a ride I will never forget in Foodstick's LTD Uni

SS06 I flew in to Harrisburg, couldn't remember why I knew that name until we flew over 3 mile Island, but my shoes stopped glowing by the end of it all.
Met up with guys from the first one, Sinc, Wyatt, Lyman, Merle, Matt, Chad, Kid , Don, Truckfarmer, Garbz, Tim, and lots of great new guys. Highlight of that one was the night when Farmer Bill rolled in, in the rain, about 11:00 PM with the XL on the trailer. Man that was sweet. Forgot all about the rain getting that sucker off the trailer, and BS'ing with Farmer Bill is an experience you just can't trade for money. Had another memorable ride back from Gettysburg in Carl's 460 '57 with stock brakes... more fun than you will ever have at a carnival.
My last day there, after Woodchuck left and came back about a dozen times because he was having carb trouble (his girlfriend was steamin' :evil: )
I again was left standing in the hotel parking lot all alone., reminiscing about the 4 days past.
Went up to my room and the phone rings.. it's Wyatt, him and his wife wanted to take me for a tour of York. Another unforgettable experience, and I will always appreciate that Chuck and his wife were thinking of the lonely Canuck waiting for his late flight.

Now people, I missed a lot out here. How Sinc smiled so hard he thought his cheeks would rip when Merle took him for a ride, The tornado and valve cover races and the Show'n' shine we took over, and the laughs, and laughs, and way more laughs we all shared. It really is like a band of brothers, this club, like meeting long-lost friends you have just never seen before :hello:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

JC, Lance and I were talking about the ride in the uni awhile back and we were both still laughing about it.

SlickStock is like a Family Reunion with the Family you want to be around, well most of em anyway, LOL.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in K.C. in a couple of weeks..............................KId
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

And Jr drives the same at 20 as he drove at 16........

I would not let him get his licence untill he was 18 after that stunt, i was that pissed....

He all ready has 2 wrecks in the valley.

Garbz
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Still hesitant about coming?

Don't be. These are the finest people I've met in the automotive world. I could do nothing more than hang around a parking lot for 3 days with this group and never be bored. It's simply impossible not to have a good time and meet new friends.

Biggest annoyance for me not being able to make it this year is missing my semi-annual life assessment and state of the union chat with Lyman. :) He and I can solve all of the world's problems given enough time.

Oh well, 2010 isn't that far away. :cry:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning