Cra Show Pics....

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

"Whitey Ford"

Cra Show Pics....

Post by "Whitey Ford" »

Here are few pics of the Drive In Invasion held in Atlanta. Not sure if its everyones cup of tea but they are pictrues and we all like to look at pictures so here ya go.
This guy was real nice. He had a nice vette next to it. I think he had a 460 in it.

Very clean

You can look at this thing forever. So amny engineering wonders on here.

Clean

Always loved old VW buses

One of my fav's

Thought this was cool cause you can sorta see my truck in the other slicks hubcap

Super nice young guy that owns this. He did the work at 14. One of the most talented pin stripers I have ever seen.

Love the sticker

My engine bay...I know I have some oil issues. While we are here...why would I have oil litterally shooting out from under the filler cap. Is it the wrong cap? I have tried a few types. Anyway

My truck at the show

She was real nice and even though its a chev...still nothing wrong with a pretty girl driving an old truck.

Another one of fav's

nice

too nice
Image[/img]
Girls love a pick-up man.
"Whitey Ford"

Post by "Whitey Ford" »

CAR Show Pics...hahahha I dont spellcheck sorry guys but I do this at work and I have to hurry....hope yall like.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

certainly would like to check that towtruck out up close. cant say i have ever seen f500 axles on a lowrider before.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Slick Fan

Re: Cra Show Pics....

Post by Slick Fan »

"Whitey Ford" wrote:While we are here...why would I have oil litterally shooting out from under the filler cap. Is it the wrong cap? I have tried a few types. Anyway

Going from my personal experience, I'm gonna say it's blow-by. Compression rings are shot. If you can remove the cap with the engine running & feel pressure on your hand as you put your hand on the opening, that's more than likely the problem.

Anyway, thanks for the cool pics! There's a lot of good looking stuff there. That tow truck rat rod thing is hilarious. :lol:

I like your old Caddy air cleaner, BTW. 8)
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Some very cool cars & trucks. 8) :D
The tow truck is a true rat rod.
Tom Williams
greythorn3

Post by greythorn3 »

ya post more pics of the tow truck if you got them, i would love to built somthing like that

Ray
wheelordie.com my alaska offroad website
"Whitey Ford"

Post by "Whitey Ford" »

I sure dont..I think i had some other pics of that truck but all of them are shots like mine. He was at this car show last year so next year I will maek sure I get alot more. There was a lot of rebar on the truck, sorta looks like something off of the movie Mad Max. It was cool but I wish I could talk to the owner, Im not sure who he was though. The Miller Lite was going down pretty smooth that day.....and the next day. I thought I had mroe pics as well but my girlfriend put these on photobucket and I swear there were more....of maybe cause of the Miller Lite. Anyway I will see if there were any that Im missing.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

''certainly would like to check that towtruck out up close. cant say i have ever seen f500 axles on a lowrider before.''

Brian you got enough time to build one of these before SSIV
gotta love that railroad iron hood ornament
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Effie

Re: Cra Show Pics....

Post by Effie »

"Whitey Ford" wrote:Here are few pics of the Drive In Invasion held in Atlanta. Not sure if its everyones cup of tea but they are pictrues and we all like to look at pictures so here ya go.

Man, I forgot about that dealio. I thought about going last year, but couldn't find anybody to go with me. Grrr.

Nice pics, I'll definitely have to check it out next year. I love the pic of the center cap with the reflection of your truck in it. Good job with that one.
~/\/\elissa~
Image '66 F100 -- Little Black
Image '78 Bronco -- Brutus

Motocentro

Post by Motocentro »

Nice. I missed it too . . .my girl had a show, I threw a labor day bash, the invasion is a little pricey, blah blah blah. . .

I still hate it that I missed it.

Glad to see you repped for the slicks though. Haven't seen you buzzing around town anytime recently, good to know you got down to the Starlight. . .

Guess I'll have to wait until The Monster Bash to unveil my latest work. . .and all the other work I'll do between now and then :twisted:
My new signature.
"Whitey Ford"

Post by "Whitey Ford" »

yeah i only run on the weekends now since Im working in TN now and then drive back home on the weekends. Makes a hell of a time to work on the truck now that I work out of town now which really sucks but have to pay bills and in this time I cant be picky.

Its not expensive to go there at all. I think 15 dollars and you can bring your own beer and food...at least thats what we did. Great bands and then they play movies at night since its a drive in. Had a good time but my goodness it was HOT!!!!!!!

Well maybe next year then, I will be there without a doubt,...
Motocentro

Post by Motocentro »

The last time I went to the Invasion was the year they showed Vanishing point, Two-lane Blacktop, The big lebowski and a whole slew of really good movies - haven't seemed to pull that off since (the "good" part).

It looks like it has gotten to be HUGE now. Until next year, then.

Don't forget the monster Bash. It gets better every year too. . .of course it's just as hot. . .
My new signature.