Hi guys, been a while huh...

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

SCWIDVICIOUS

Hi guys, been a while huh...

Post by SCWIDVICIOUS »

Hi there fellow slicksters...
I still have my 65, just not done anything to her, but i have new fenders hanging in the shop along with disk breaks, PS and all those goodies...

then it happens!!!
Is it good, is it bad? heh.. no telling at this point, depends on what i find out here possbily.

Now, here is the situation, and hold the tomotoes for your burgers.

I HAD <-- (past tense) a *looks around* 1988 chev minivan.

Yesterday, I traded the minivan for a 1988 302 4x4 full sized bronco. The bronc has been rolled, but wasnt one that tore it up too bad, messed the top up is all. I would have drove her home, but the high pressure fuel pump is gone.

now here is what i am possbily thinking about... The bronk wheel base is slightly shorter than the 65 slick. the bronco is 104.7 inches.. what is a slick, arent they around 114? do you think thats too much of a difference?
How much of a pain would it be for me to mount my slick body on this bronk FI, PS, AC, 4X4, CC, (everything i didnt know i wanted) bells and whistles bronco frame?

I am a mechanically inclined person, so thats not the prob, just want to know if anyone has tried this before, and how they faired out.
Rick
1965 F100, 352, Cruise-0-Matic
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Welcome back! welcome.gif

Are you thinking of cutting & stretching the Bronco frame so the wheelbase matches the truck's wheelbase? I have seen pics of other Slicks mounted on F series truck frames from that era, but can't say how tough a swap it was.
I imagine that with enough tools, anything can happen. :P
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
SCWIDVICIOUS

Post by SCWIDVICIOUS »

na.. i wasnt thinking about stretching it. thought about just doing something strange with the truck body... who knows, fuse it together like a uni, make it into a slico or something..lol

I have a mustang that is much closer the actual wheelbase length.. heh.

who knows what i will do tomorrow...
Rick
bertha66

Post by bertha66 »

My son and I did something like this once, we had a 61 3/4 ton flat bed, missing the bed and a wrecked 65 F100 long bed. The 65 bed was rusty in the front and the flat bed frame was shorter than the 65. So we cut the front off the 65 bed and graffed it back on and made a 7 1/2' bed that matched the wheel base of the 3/4 ton. The truck looked real balanced in lenth. Sorry I have no pictures of this truck, we did it when he was 15 years old, he is now 33.
1966 F-100 4x4 390hipro
1964 Galaxie 428 ci
1967 F-100
1968 F-350 crew truck
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

bertha66 wrote:My son and I did something like this once, we had a 61 3/4 ton flat bed, missing the bed and a wrecked 65 F100 long bed. The 65 bed was rusty in the front and the flat bed frame was shorter than the 65. So we cut the front off the 65 bed and graffed it back on and made a 7 1/2' bed that matched the wheel base of the 3/4 ton. The truck looked real balanced in lenth. Sorry I have no pictures of this truck, we did it when he was 15 years old, he is now 33.

Here's a couple photos of my slick. I did the same as bertha66, shortened a '66 lwb bed to fit on a '62 lwb truck.

You may end up with something like this.

Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

jwh f-100 wrote:

Yep, I bet that's exactly what that is...Slick on a Bronco frame. Whever did that should have shortened the back a little, too.

jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Slick Fan wrote:Yep, I bet that's exactly what that is...Slick on a Bronco frame. Whever did that should have shortened the back a little, too.

Grant, nope i just photochopped a pic off e-bay. Check out the pt cruiser in the back. I agree it could use a little off the a$$ but at the same time the tail end kinda reminds me of the overhang on a long wrong bed or a long uni.
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

jwh f-100 wrote:
Slick Fan wrote:Yep, I bet that's exactly what that is...Slick on a Bronco frame. Whever did that should have shortened the back a little, too.

Grant, nope i just photochopped a pic off e-bay. Check out the pt cruiser in the back. I agree it could use a little off the a$$ but at the same time the tail end kinda reminds me of the overhang on a long wrong bed or a long uni.

Aww crap, now that I look at the PT Bruiser just beyond the truck bed it's an obvious 'chop job. oops.gif That's what I get for staring at nothing but the Slick. :lol:

blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

ha, I think you need to drop the mustang on the bronco.... I've been draming of something along that line of thought for a while now.... Make a truck into a car and make a car into a truck!!!!
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
SCWIDVICIOUS

Post by SCWIDVICIOUS »

lol... The tag would have to say stubby slicko.

yea... I think I would have to do something a little different, hmm... I think im just going to stick my disks under it, and put my little 302 in there. who knows...lol

Perhaps this is the time to pursue the moster mustang i had almost built before, but got rid of the previous frame.

Here is a little Psing on my actual truck. Shortened the front and back of bed a bit, as well as fused it like a uni. I didnt spend much time on the wheels in PS, got tired of fooling with it.

65 f100 Slicko 4X4 lol

Rick
SCWIDVICIOUS

Post by SCWIDVICIOUS »

blackagatha wrote:ha, I think you need to drop the mustang on the bronco.... I've been draming of something along that line of thought for a while now.... Make a truck into a car and make a car into a truck!!!!

I had a frame for it before, but it was from a c**** i cant say it!
yea.. i got rid of it..lol *the frame was almost exactly the same wheelbase length. only off by .2 of an inch.

the bronco frame is 104.7 inch wheelbase...
the stang is 100.4 so there is not that much to worry about scrunching... i seriously think i am gona make the monster mustang though, Ive been itching for that for about 2 years now. It might even look cooler with that slightly longer wheelbase under it... monsterous so to speak.

Got the stang, Got the frame, all running gears for it, its all ford, and i think outside of the box. hehe..
\I photoshopped the stang a few different ways before.

I drove the bronco around some today, i have to get the shimy out of it. somthing is bent from the rollover. i dont know what it is yet, but will have the time to investigate after halloween.

My company, and a friends of mine (he does custom interiors) is putting on a halloween benifit for needy families in this area. charity!! Donating proceeds to the fire departments to give to the needy. They do a great job of finding the right people who need it.

here is a link to the flier on my website..
http://www.DrScissorhands.com/images/halloween.jpg

Were having a car show, games, food, music, prizes, and a spook trail.
Rick
bertha66

Post by bertha66 »

jwh f-100 wrote:
bertha66 wrote:My son and I did something like this once, we had a 61 3/4 ton flat bed, missing the bed and a wrecked 65 F100 long bed. The 65 bed was rusty in the front and the flat bed frame was shorter than the 65. So we cut the front off the 65 bed and graffed it back on and made a 7 1/2' bed that matched the wheel base of the 3/4 ton. The truck looked real balanced in lenth. Sorry I have no pictures of this truck, we did it when he was 15 years old, he is now 33.

Here's a couple photos of my slick. I did the same as bertha66, shortened a '66 lwb bed to fit on a '62 lwb truck.

Funny, the truck my son and Built was a red 61 cab with a green 65 bed, looked alot like yours.
1966 F-100 4x4 390hipro
1964 Galaxie 428 ci
1967 F-100
1968 F-350 crew truck