I've been AWOL for a while.

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

willy3486

I've been AWOL for a while.

Post by willy3486 »

Well I have been scarce arould these parts for the last few months. I got the truck done and then I decieded to rebuild a camper. I picked one up and I am just about done. It was a basketcase like my truck was when I started. I rebuilt the first 4 feet and last 4 feet of the wood floor and wood frame. I pulled all the interior,paneling,seats, cabinets out except for the shower and kitchen cabinet. those areas were in good shape. Its a 72 aristocrat but when I rebuilt it I added a a few items like a wall mounted radio,TV,dvd,microwave. But I redid the rest in a 50s/60s theme. Checkerboard square flooring,50s type formica, aluminim flormica trim etc. We did add a cartoon caracter from today because the colors he was matched the 70s shower,sink ,and stove. I completely made the benches and overhead cabinets from scratch. When you get your slick done if you want a new project and like camping I highly sugest rebuilding one of these. Mines a 20 ft trailer but it only took about 3 months to get it in this shape compared to 4 years on my truck. I like a few things like putting the new wiring plugs on,painting the outside and repacking the bearings but hopefully it won't take too long in the spring. I am about to mothball it for the winter but lookout in the spring. Its at
http://groups.msn.com/PhotosAlbumgroup2 ... snw?Page=1

Is you want to see the way I am thinking about painting the outsides its at
http://groups.msn.com/VintageVacationsa ... otoID=3259
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

That is nice Willy, good to see you back around. Heh JC, He did the bathroom in Spongebob! Should give you some inspiration for yours after the Merc is done. :lol:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Nice job on the backsplash!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

Thanks guys. The backsplash is newspaper plates made out of aluminum. I bent the plates at a 45 degree angle every 2 3/4 inches and then went the opposite direction bending. As far as Spongebob goes it wasn't planed it just happened. We got some stuff on sale and it took off from there. IT really matches that shower and sink in the bathroom. It was a heck of a lot cheaper to match it up with spongebob than to replace the shower and sink. As far as Spongebob goes he got a bad rap from some people. Its such a goofy cartoon you can't help but like it and laugh at it.
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Hey Willy, glad to hear from you, looking good!. I have a 84' Terry Taurus that we got pretty cheap, I had to replace roof panels and shower wall, replaced the ac gasket, vents, 1 hatch then resealed the roof. using your truck much?
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

Thanks for the comment. Nope I haven't used it much at all. In fact I haven't started it up since I got the camper this summer. But I probably will try to find a new carb for it, the one I have I think needs replacing. But in the spring I am getting insurance and will use it alot then. As far as your Terry Tarus goes if the layout looks similar it probably is the same layout. In fact I got measurements from a terry on ebay like it. A guy was nice enough to send the measurements of the inside. I could tell most of the measurements from the lines left by the benches I pulled out but needed just a few. This aristocrat has the same layout as some of the terry tarus of the 70/80s. These were a good quality camper back when they were being made by the original company owners. Mine was made right after the buyout from boise cascade. The quality when way downhill. I replaced all that glued together sawdust board with plywood. I can see some of that in this one but I fixed and made better some of those issues.