Freight recommendations

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

f25065
United States of America

Freight recommendations

Post by f25065 »

Hi Guys... Can anyone give any input on freighting vehicles across country? Actually what it is, is I found a classic truck camper for my '65 and I'm looking into options for getting it from North Carolina to California, if it's financially feasible. Any input appreciated...

Regards;
Norm
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

A camper? That'll not be an easy one to ship, I would think. Maybe if it was on the back of a truck heading your way...

Here's a thread about shipping vehicles, in case you missed it; http://fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=837
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

From where in NC To where in Calif.... & how soon does it need to be done????
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
f25065
United States of America

Freight recommendations

Post by f25065 »

I kind of figured on the back of a pickup might be the best way, at least as far as loading/unloading. It is in Penrose, NC and destinates in Benicia, CA, just north-east of Frisco.

Norm
f25065
United States of America

Freight recommendations

Post by f25065 »

Oh yeah... there wouldn't be any real rush. I don't think it is going anywhere and I'm still talking to the guy anyhow. I'm just kind of trying to find out how much it might cost me to get it out here. i know there are car haulers roaming around everywhere but wasn't sure what to do about a truck camper. So I thought I'd check with the experts!

Thanks guys...
Norm
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

what are the dimensions? you could probably go with common carrier, but it would be rated as used car parts and if it gets damaged they only pay like .50 a c weight in claims. call yellow freight, overnite, abf, fedex freight, old dominion, etc and get a quote. they should be in the yellow pages under freight or truck lines.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Reason I asked :) is the we have a new division for hauling things like non-running project vehicles to daily drivers to oversize parts,, Just loaded a 73/79 just the crew cab only & rear doors to be delivered on Sunday in Las Vegas ,, One Thing I do know that Common Carriers have a lot higher rate to go into Calif than stopping in Az. Is this a slide in Camper or something that was used on the cab/chassis trucks ? :?:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
f25065
United States of America

freight recommendations

Post by f25065 »

I figured the common carriers would be more but I'll probably look into that route nonetheless. It is a regular slide in pickup camper; an old Avion C-10 or C-11. I can't see where to insert a pic in this post like I've seen you guys do, or I'd attach one. Older Airstream-looking truck camper. Very cool.

Norm[/img]
Casper

Post by Casper »

If you arn't in a hurry you could probably get with someone going to one of the Sping/Summer Shows in Tennessee. I know they have across the country caravans too and from a lot of the time. Granted a lot of the trucks are show trucks whos drivers freak out about hauling stuff, but you never know who you might be able to hook up with.
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

It's none of my business really but Tom is your best bet for what you want to do because that's what he does & he's a member here too.
Some members here used his services in the past. He is light years ahead of common carriers & I believe more experienced & conscientious than most independent car & parts transporters I'm familiar with. You can believe what he tells you, or atleast I believe what he tells me.

FBp
Change is the Only Constant