Has anyone been on FTE lately?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Comet

Has anyone been on FTE lately?

Post by Comet »

Just curious because there's been lot's of chatter since they closed some of the regional chapters. I know the NWC guys started a whole new forum and I've heard that there are others started as well. Ofcourse Hawkrod and Keith (Fordification) started their own sites long ago after getting fed up with the BS. But I was just curious if people here still post on that site?
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

My love/hate relationship with it continues.
You can't even look up member locations now unless you are a 'supporter'.
However, there is still a fair amount of traffic over there and some good posts lately, so I still participate. I don't stray outside the 61-66 area though.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Well thats gonna make it purdy dang boring over there. Any time I was on the 61-66 forum to see what wrong info was being dealt out, that Pete was trying to fix, I would pop in to the NW chapter for a good laugh.

Now it gives me even less incentive to pop by there. :cry:

Here's the link to the new NW ex FTE chapter btw
http://www.nwuonline.com/phpBB2/index.php
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

I still go there and post a lot because I hate to see idiots ruin decent Slicks & F-Series Pick Ups by doing some of the crap they do to them. There will always be a given percentage of full blown fruitcakes, and they will invent creative ways to ruin good things. There are also Pseudo Experts followed by their wanna be leigons of mal. . . ., Well what's the point. . . . :roll:

Besides all the negatives there are also other people there who are looking to do things correctly, get it right, enjoy the pride and rewards of having a Sweet FoMoCo F-Series Ride, and looking to learn. When I look around me at where all the great Vehicles USED To Be and see ricers and make do's and all that, Somebody needs to help keep Slicks in existance.

They are increasing in popularity and that's what shrinks their numbers while driving prices upward. Try bying a Harley Basket case lately? Looked for a Chance Vaught F4U Corsair, a Lockheed P-38 Lightening, or many other of the Used to be great things we had "too many of" back in the day ? So if I can help save a Slick or two, now and then, I will.

Sources of data, instruction, info and help are critical to the preservation of these great rides, so I hang on over there and do the best I am able to.

Besides, John W & I are pretty good friends. He's a great ally to have. I thank him for his support & understanding. We've been through some real crap together over the years now & I'll help & support him all I can.
:peepwall:

Somebody told me to Google FORDBOYpete & see what happened. . . . :shock: :woohoo: :shock: :rotflmao:

If you do it, on Pg 3, [after the freeloaders & the crap about Singles Sites] There is a sentence which says for other related pages click here, or something like that. Over 850+ pages appear from several different websites with various topics I have opined upon over the years. :hm:

Holy Excrement BatMan Who thought they were keeping score? :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :bangin: :hm: :dontknow:

FBP & FTE etc, :roll: 8) :lol:
Change is the Only Constant
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

never go there, unimpressed when i did.
far as i am concerned this is the place for 61-66 trucks, and fordification for the bumpsides. any 73-79 sites that are any good?
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Yep Pete without you FTE would collapse, at least as far as the 61-66 forum goes.
There is such a barrage of misinformation on there.. when you were gone it went amok, John just could not correct all the malarkey. I have barely been back, saw some true colors over there whilst you were leaving, left a bad taste.

The NW boys were the bad boyz of FTE no doubt. was fun to watch them taunt the MGMT over there. No cause for that here, we don't have anyone here with commercial interest in our site. It's what makes this place and Fordification the best sites for 61-72 Fords (trucks that is) :dancing:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Comet

Post by Comet »

Ice, Hawkrod started a 73-79 site. Don't recall the addy, but he'll chime in here before long. Yeah, it's sad what FTE has become. But then I think of great sites like this and Fordification that probably wouldn't exist if FTE was doing it's job well.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

I've only been there once or twice. It didn't hold enough of my interest to join.
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

I pretty much gave up on it when the psuedo experts said a 390 starter wouldn't work on a 223. That's what I used before trading for the 390.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Mike I wonder what they would say when I say that a 390 Fuel pump will work on a Y-Block :lol: @ me
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

I think I was banned?

Adrianspeeder
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I have been banned three times.

All I did was refer to this site and fordsix.com for information. All 3 times they sent nasty emails telling me that I was destroying the site by encoraging people to go elsewere to post. :evil:

I try to help people not a site.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
61ford

Post by 61ford »

there absoluntely crazy this is the internet not walmart!we all post at lots of different websites i know thats his living but he needs to realize this is the internet and all were doing is helping people.i try to send everyone that needs info bout these trucks toward this site.
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
Comet

Post by Comet »

Yeah, '61, I agree. I know others that make a living off their forum and they allow links to other sites in posts and also provide links to "the competition" on their links pages. I think you do a great disservice to your members by keeping that info. from them. But FTE has never been about it's members, or it's advertisers for that matter. It's always been about one thing. Ken Pain. :wink:
ABA

Post by ABA »

I was banned there aswell for speaking my reasons for not being a supporter and Webmaster called me a muderer because I work at a Firestone tire plant. :shock:

Apparently the ban was temporary 'cause now my log in works.
Funny thing was after I log in I get a warning at the top of the page telling me I haven't posted in over 2 weeks, well duh, I was banned remember? :roll:

There is a ton of useful information there. Too bad the site is run by a bunch of money hungry A-Holes.
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry