Betty's getting surgery again

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BIGTRIP

Post by BIGTRIP »

wow! good job on the console and seats. I am personally a long way off from worrying about interior but seeing that makes me want to get to that point. :lol:
Being stroked is nice, but I would rather be blown!
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Dwight, Us OLD guys have enough trouble with 2 pedals. And then theres that funny looking button on the left side that makes that pretty light come on in the dash......whats up with that?

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Hey Ole' Timer!

Looks GREAT! Nice work, keep it up!

...Sinc
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Sweet!

Now all you need to do is build me on of those consoles....

Garbz
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Well, Now it's time for more surgery. I got my gasket set today for the motor that is unhooked and ready to be picked out. Got my TCI breakaway torque converter also.
The motor will get yanked to put another set of heads with bigger valves on along with another intake. It's a Weinand Action Plus. The reason we are yanking the motor is so we can do the torque converter and I want to do the power steering and repaint the firewall and the frame. Basicly clean up the motor cavity.
It feels good to get out there and rip into things. Thanks Chad for doing my wrenching for me.
Chuck
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

:thumright: that console is sweet...looks like it's supposed to be there... keep the updates coming....Anthony
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Hey Wyatt,

Geez, you haven't painted Betty in a few weeks. As long as the motor is out and you boys are now back in the garage, you might as well give her some fresh makeup ;-)

Later...
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

th_crafty.gif
I've got enough ideas. Maybe next year:)
Chuck
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

Looks very nice Chuck! Tell us how you did the seat recovering?

I am finishing up Johns truck this winter. PW,PDL,TPI guages, wiring, seat belts, 3G alt upgrade, stereo, and AC last but not least.
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

First off, We pulled the motor in Betty today. A pretty good decision indeed. The passenger side motor mount was broken and we found a push rod with the top cup for the rocker arm broken. I guess I have to learn to keep my foot out of it. I haven't pulled the pan yet but feel pretty good about that part. Will post pics on Bettys progress in a week or so.

Wayne, Good to hear from you finally. Sounds like you've been busy down there. Hope John is happy with everything you are doing. I will need information on your A/C installation. I want to put it in mine before SS-IV.
The seats I recovered myself along with help from Chad and Carl. That was quite a challenge. I don't think I will ever try that again. They turned out ok but not professional.

So What's up with your truck? Do you need us MAC guys to come down there and give you a hand. SS-IV is right around the corner.

We will be starting on Chads 64 soon. Strip down inside and out for a tu-tone scheme.

See everyone soon.
Chuck
1st64bigwindow

Post by 1st64bigwindow »

Well just got home from a awesome day in the playpen(dads garage).We had a blast rippin' and tearin'.That motor is gonna look sweet when its all done.We might make a show truck out of it after all.
LATER
CHAD
crey

Post by crey »

Woah!
That console is really awesome!
Man, I like that.. hhaha!!
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Thanks crey. Lots of time invested along with the head aches. Well worth it though. I get a lot of compliments on it at shows.
Welcome to the site. I see you just joined. Location? Do you have pics you would like to share with us? We like pics :)
Chuck