Do any of the Illinois Members know this truck?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Model_T_46804

Do any of the Illinois Members know this truck?

Post by Model_T_46804 »

I'm wondering if any of the Illinois members live anywhere near this truck or might have run across it in the past. I thought about bidding on it if it doesn't go out of sight but I don't have time to drive all the way over there to look at it before the auction ends.
I'm not real sure I trust the guy, no offense intended if any of you know him, but I don't know him and you know how things on eBay can turn out sometimes.
Model_T_46804

Post by Model_T_46804 »

61ford

Post by 61ford »

id just ask for some more pics like of the floor bed floor hood front lip things like that cant really tell if this truck is solid or not
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
Trukcrazy

Post by Trukcrazy »

The best way to check this out is to call and talk to the guy. He doesn't have the worst feedback score so he might be okay. I agree you should ask for more pictures, but call and you can decide whether it is worthwhile or not. Unless it is totally misrepresented, I don't see how you could go wrong with the price range it is in right now ($510.00). Good luck. :D
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

I wish he would have made that description a little larger, I can't quite make it out from my position here on Jupiter. :shock:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hope some members chime in from Ill. to help you out, but if I were close enough to go see that truck,
I might be tempted to slip a checkbook and a pen in my shirt pocket too :lol: :shock: :hm: :boxing: :help: :nono: :shock: :o :popcorn: :thumright:

Maybe the guy can al least get you some pics of the areas you want to see, but unless that goes skyrocket at the end that is a nice price on that truck.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Model_T_46804

Post by Model_T_46804 »

I've tried calling him a couple of times, got his voice mail and he hasn't returned my call. I e-mailed him and asked what engine it has and if I could get more pictures. He e-mailed back and said he doesn't have any more pictures and doesn't know what engine.
I remember seeing this truck on eBay a little more than a year ago. I bid on it then, but he went a lot higher than I did. If I remember right he paid around $2000.00 for it.
The bad thing is, the pictures on this listing are the same pictures that the other guy used in his listing over a year ago, so there's no telling what it looks like now.
This is the third time in the last 2 or 3 months that he's had this truck on eBay. The last time it sold to a non paying bidder. The first time it sold, it met reserve and should have been a done deal. There's nothing in his feedback showing that the buyer was a non paying bidder so I'm kind of wondering if the buyer showed up to pick it up, found out it was a piece of crap and went home without it.
All this being said maybe you can understand why I don't really trust him.
The Good Humor Man

Post by The Good Humor Man »

Hey I bought that truck. I won it on ebay, for $700 some odd dollars, I just gave him $800 when I picked it up.
It runs good, the radiator problem is a small leak in the top of the tank. I went to look at it before I bid on it, and I noticed that there was anti frreze on the ground, not water, so I took a chance that the block was not frozen, and it seems fine. The cab is in great shape, except for the drivers side bottom front corner of the door opening. The bed has some rot.
The guy was hard to talk to, he knew nothing about anything.
I think I got a good deal on it.

You can't put a price on a good time.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hey good deal! If that truck aint rotten its a gem for that price! Congrats!!
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Model_T_46804

64 4x4x

Post by Model_T_46804 »

I'm glad somebody got it that will apreciate it. I finally got to talk to the guy the day the auction was ending. I would have bid on it, but I couldn't get there soon enough for him. He said I had to pay within 24 hours and as soon as he had the money he was going to pull the tags off and let it sit on the street. I didn't want to take the chance that it would still be there when I got there to pick it up, thought it might get towed, so I just didn't bid. You're right though, the guy didn't know anything about anything.
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

At the very least, the guy convinced more than one person that he knew nothing about anything! Nice buy on that truck, but it is always wise to take a look in person when dealing with a flake. I never trust anybody with that many rules in such large type repeated over and over. I don't care if he had a deadbeat bidder in the past or not, I never trust people that can not trust. Thanks, Lyman.
The Good Humor Man

Post by The Good Humor Man »

I think all his big warnings sacred everyone off, but I do respect the fact that he added them.
After talking to him, I knew it wasn't a truck to buy without first taking a look. He also wouldn't let me drive it, that was another warning. I took a chance, figuring the parts were worth the price of the truck, and it appears to have gone my way this time.
I just love the look of the eary 60s ford trucks. I was looking for a 65 Good Humor truck, but couldn't find one and bought my 67.
You can't put a price on a good time.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

A good buddy of mine bought a '64 4x4 with a 223 from some flakes in Great Falls Mt.. We got there and the truck wouldn't run, someone had unscrewed the points.
We figured the two numbskulls that owned it (it had been their father's truck and well taken care of) thought they sold it too cheap on ebay. They offered about 20 times, while we were there, for my buddy to get out of the deal, but we figured out what was wrong, set the points with a matchbook, and drove the thing on the trailer.

No one is as stupid as these guys pretended to be. Maybe the same situation as you had. Dang good deal you got, it looks like.
Model_T_46804

64 4x4

Post by Model_T_46804 »

If you decide to sell it, give me a shot at it.