Another newbie - Satinblack has a slick

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Satinblack

Another newbie - Satinblack has a slick

Post by Satinblack »

Hi all, Im new to the Slick scene. Some of you may know me on other sites, since I own several different toys :)

Anyway, I currently have a few slicks, both 63 longbed uni's. One is a stripped down parts truck I'm thinking, although its dented a bit there is no rust.

The other is a custom cab two tone white and turqouise. It has a make shift rear window in it. Its home made (I assume the rear glass was broken at one time) small window assy installed in the big window spot. So I did put an enquiry in the ads section about rear glass. Also is there an area here for history and such, or any other sites?

I notice this truck has neat plastic storage things in door where normally I just see metal covers on other year trucks, they look original and I assume is part of the custom cab option. But I'm have no experience with the history of these awesome machines.

So if someone has the time please educate me.

Thanks In advance, Satin
Trukcrazy

Post by Trukcrazy »

Welcome to the site and the world of Slicks. I don't have much experience with the slicksides, but there are plenty of members here to help out. :D
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

WELCOME!!

The plastic storage compartment where an option, this is a company that repos them as well.

There is no real site or anything for the history of the trucks, but as a group we know it all! :lol:

Those UNIs are getting rare, so don't crush it! there is someone that will take out the dents.

Good to have you! Poke around a bit and feal free to ask questions!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Welcome aboard! :hello:
If you feel the burning urge to share pics of your trucks, have at it. :lol:

Yep, the door pockets were an optional item, just don't carry things like trailer balls in there for too long...you'll end up with a ventilated door pocket. :oops:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Robert

Post by Robert »

:welcome: this is a great site i am new here to
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Big back window Unis are hard to come by. Like someone said don't crush those, :nono: they are getting hard to come by, Unis have unique doors and there are many other items not repro'd for them so don't waste 'em

The glass is going to be a problem because no one I know makes it ,and you'll have to find an old piece, then spend a fortune to have it shipped. There is hope, they are now making Big back window glass for the Fridges, the body style before ours, and they are even more rare than slicks.

Best o'luck; got a question just ask. This site is under constant improvement so the history thing will come, just give it time. Check out the rest of the site by clicking FordTruk.come Home above too.. this site has history as well.

Best o' luck and welcome aboard, you ain't gonna find a better place for slick info than here, the place that INVENTED the name Slicks. :D
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
winr

Post by winr »

Hey Satinblack

Welcome!!

Richard.
All your Slicks are belong to us
Satinblack

Post by Satinblack »

The one I got first thats basically a parts truck but could be built up is a small window. At first since I never seen a big window, I thought that it was one. Then I got the other truck and then I knew what a big window was. They are both longbeds, but I like the longbeds myself, and 5 lug pattern so I assume 1/2 tons.

The big window is a custom cab with all the rim etc. Someone put a 302/auto in it. Not sure if it runs yet since the holidays have basically stopped my car building etc, but I'll be off and running soon.

I noticed that the gallery of pics had a shot of a big window that was next to a gold and orange truck that looks real nice. I guess there not to many big windows, I can't find anyother pics of any :(

Oh and many thanks for the welcomes and yes Ill try and post pics
Satinblack

Question

Post by Satinblack »

Ah I do have one question. If I happen to find a big window glass from a 61-66 body thats NOT a unibody, will it be the same and work in a unibody?
Jarrod

Post by Jarrod »

Satinblack,

Welcome to the club. As far as I know there are no big window glass for 64-66 nun uni cabs. If you have one, please send it to me so I can install it in my 65 for verification :lol: Where in California are you located. There are a few of us around this site. I happen to live in Grover Beach less than a mile from the Oceano Dunes. THose of us in Cali have been trying to start a chapter so we can hord all the "rust free California Slick Body pannels and sell them a rediculous prices :rocker: :dancing: :thumright:
Cheers,
Jarrod
Satinblack

Post by Satinblack »

Im down in Lancaster, in the mojave desert, so most of what I find is pretty much rust free :)
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Also welcome from me 8) ,

And to answer your window question, only the integral bed [uni] trucks have the large wrap around rear glass.
The rest are all standard flat glass windows that are not the same as the large wrap around. :?

But all the standard windows are the same and some integral bed trucks came with those standard windows. :roll:

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

The rear big window glass is being reproduced. :D

Last Big Block Big Window that left here just before i arrived had a NEW REPRODUCTION REAR WINDOW installed.

Garbz

PS i will get the info from Steve and Post it.
Satinblack

Post by Satinblack »

Thanks Fordboy and Garb for the welcome. If indeed the window is being produced thats great news. The fab'd rear window deal in this truck was done well, I cant fault the guy for building it, but this truck screams to have its big window back in place.
Satinblack

Post by Satinblack »

Talk to a friend of mine who now owns a wreaking yard. He has a LWB Uni. So I am gonna go check it out today and see whats salvagable. Doubt its a big window, but hey you never know. Maybe at least some parts to get