putting 5.0 in 65, need pivot ball bracket ( @ engine )

FL, GA, AL, SC, MS, TN, NC

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jhewitt

putting 5.0 in 65, need pivot ball bracket ( @ engine )

Post by jhewitt »

This bracket is needed for small blocks etc that DOESN'T have the tapped hole in the block for the pivot ball, I have one on my 351W in my 1965, I need the same thing for my 302 / 5.0, I got one out of the junk yard off a 1964, it will NOT work, the following is some rough measurements of the one off my 351, I have NO idea WHAT year these brackets actually came on

Center to Center of the mounting holes ( these mount to the bellhousing with/to engine bolts ) is somewhere from 3.70 to 3.75 one to the other, center to center.

From the inside of the bracket which I call the surface which contacts the bell housing at the mounting bolt location to the center of the pivot bal is about 2.550 or about ( 2 1/2 inches )

From the center of the bottom mounting hole to the center of the pivot bracket is about .600 or close to 1/8 past 1/2

This bracket has what I call a stiffener bend on some of the sides, it is a short bend at the sides.

I need this bracket ASAP, I swapped a OLD 302 that has the drilled/tapped hole in the block for the pivot ball with a 1989 5.0 that doesn't have it, my truck is tied up in a garage waiting on this

thanks
Griffin GA 1965 F100
Have 3, one daily driver others in different state of repair/disrepair
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

I made mine while i had the bellhousing bolted to the engine on the test stand. I dont have any measurements.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
jhewitt

Thanks for the photo

Post by jhewitt »

Thats a option problem is the truck is held hostage in a shop, need a bolt on

too bad you didn't make a print of your setup for others to follow
Griffin GA 1965 F100
Have 3, one daily driver others in different state of repair/disrepair