Mono leafs?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

SwapmeatLouie

Mono leafs?

Post by SwapmeatLouie »

1961 f100 - Carolina classics:Front Mono leaf's, Anybody use'm? How was the handling/ride? How much of a drope did you get w/ reverse eye's...Will my 390 make a diference in amount of drop?
Comet

Post by Comet »

I have reg. leafs, but with rev. eyes. You get about 1.5" when you rev. the eyes. I also run a 390. A couple people here run the mono leafs and I think for the most they like them.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

we carry them also but anyway not here to sell them but standard eye can lower 2-3" & depends on how heavy on wahts in the engine compartment & reverse eyes can go 4-6" also on what motor is being used & Mono-leafs carry the same load capacity just like big semi's that have been using mono-leafs for many years
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Comet

Post by Comet »

So the standard eye mono leaf gets you 2-3" over stock height? I'm pretty sure that's what you said, just confirming.
If so, then I might need to think about that if my drop axle/rev. eye leaf spring (non-mono) doesn't get me low enough.
How's the ride with the monos?
SwapmeatLouie

Hmmmmm?

Post by SwapmeatLouie »

So, If the reversed Eye mono leaf ends upgiving me too much , Could I then add a leaf to get some height back?
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Mono-leafs are designed for a better & smoother ride so be sure which ones you want & if thinking about adding a leaf then it will distort the ride & as far as heights it ALL depends on the running gear you are running & all of its accessories, Thanks
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
SwapmeatLouie

Post by SwapmeatLouie »

S0 Junkyard, I'm running a 390/C6 no air,power nothing.....I'm looking for about 4"...What do you recomend?
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Buddy of mine has a '63 uni with monoleafs. Rides like a ship on the ocean.
Might be better if he had shocks that fit. Doesn't take much to load up the box, I would not say they have the same load range as stock. New shocks/right length would change things for the better, if you could find'em.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
unibodyboy

monos

Post by unibodyboy »

I am currently running the regular drop mono's, and they set it down probably 2-3 inches. The rear monos dropped the truck much further, and I had to build 3/4 inch lift blocks to keep it up a bit.

I have a set of reversed eye monos that I would like to sell if you are still looking for some

Greg
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15.13
SwapmeatLouie

Unibody!

Post by SwapmeatLouie »

Sent PM!
Comet

Post by Comet »

Hey Greg! Good to hear from ya, man!