a little bit LOUDER now

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ICEMAN6166
Poland

a little bit LOUDER now

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

:cussing:
went out to start my 66 today, first i cleaned all the snow off, open the hood to check the oil, as im pulling the stick out i notice a big egg shaped egg size crack on top of my exhaust manifold right behind the flapper :cussing:
already got a broken ear on the other one, now this.not sure why this happened, we have been having big temp swings lately, its 40 + year old cast iron and all, i checked the flapper it was free .
other than blasting exhaust on my valve cover and the noise the truck made a 40 mile trip @ 55-65 mph in 4hi no problem. this wont last however it needs to be fixed.i have a couple other y blocks i will have to check out the manifolds.
wish i could afford a set of rams horns, but the rest of the exhaust is new so i guess ill keep it stock.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
mr .c

Post by mr .c »

hey iceman didn't get a chance to catch up with ya when i was in Fairbanks. saw a couple of slicks when i was there. the fact that you guys keep them going in that weather is impressive. do you have a block heater?
1965 F-250
300 cid
T-18 4 speed
Dana 60 rear end