new f-100 guy looking for headers

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

shaun_p_62234

new f-100 guy looking for headers

Post by shaun_p_62234 »

sup guys my this is shaun and im the prowd owner of a 64 ford f-100 short wide non unibody with a 87 306 and a c4 with 3.55 gears and a retored body and interior. the truck has stock manifolds now but i want to put headers on it. but i have no idea where to start any help would be greatly apprecitated.. please help me

im also looking to do a disk brake conversion on my stock straight axle
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Somthing like this will probably do it. When you said 306, I thought you have a 302 bored .030.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-F15 ... dZViewItem
Jim
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Welcome aboard! :hello:

Here's a recent thread regarding disc brakes for your truck; http://fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Yep if it's a bored 302, Mustang shorty headers (shown in that link) will work fine.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
shaun_p_62234

Post by shaun_p_62234 »

hey guys thanks for the tips. yes it is a 302 bored 30 over but im looking for some full lenth headers cause i plan to drag race the truck.. really need them soon cause the stock manifolds are way to restrictive. also does anyone know where to get some fenderwell exit headers for it cause that is what i reallly want and i also need a tail gate and a rear bumper
winr

Post by winr »

Welcome shaun_p_62234.

Glad you joined !

Where are you located ?

...and what kind of rear bumper are looking for ?

Richard.
All your Slicks are belong to us
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Welcome aboard Shaun.

I don't see any point in using shorty headers. All you get is restrictive exhaust that rusts.
As far as long tubes. You should be able to get away with using 66-71 Fairlane,Torino or Mustang headers. Thats what I have used. Just stay away from the cheapo ones (Blackjack comes to mind) because often the collectors are not aimed correctly.

Like they said put your location in your profile .there may be some of us nearby.

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Take a fools advice. I converted my 302 powered truck to a 351W bored .030, rv cam 3.00 gears Holley 600, C-6 and thought I needed full length headers. Truck wouldn't get out of its own way on bottom end through mid range. The long tubes didn't do anything until the tach was full. We finally figured it out and switched to shortys. Then the thing literally jumped out from under you. These small blocks need some back pressure unless you are going to a 4.30 gear or more. I occasionally raced my truck but it was my daily driver. Good luck with yours.
Jim
shaun_p_62234

Post by shaun_p_62234 »

hey thanks guys. i need a roll pan actually and a stock non stepside tailgate. hey tim what brand would u recommend so i know it works..
i just wish i could find fenderwell exit headers but i dont want somebody to build them for me cause it just cost to much.. oo well i guess ill just get some regular full lenth headers. if anybody needs a stock bench seat i have one in great shape and i also have some 65 mustang buckets in great shape they just need reupoltesterd

shaun