Question for the small block guys???????

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

65Truck_Nut

Question for the small block guys???????

Post by 65Truck_Nut »

Hey Guys! when you take a 302 from a car and put in a slick the front sump oil pan has to go right? When I change to the rear sump that is on my 302 in my pickup,Does the oil pump have to be changed to put the draw tube in the rear??? or can it be turned around to draw from the back?? I will probably find out soon enough but I KNOW THERES LOTS OF GUYS ON HERE THAT KNOWS ALL ABOUT THIS!!!! I used to, but that was when i was a teenager and knew everything LOL maybe I should ask one?But im afraid this generation teenager would say whats a oil pump??? LOL
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

Up until recently, generally the only Fords that had rear sump oilpans were the 4x4's and vans. Everyting else had a front sump pan. The differences might be where the drain plug was located depending on if it was for a car or a truck. In the 80's, Ford went to a "dual-sump" pan on their vehicles.
The oilpump would still be in the same spot, driven by the distributor shaft, but would have a different oil pickup tube for the different pans.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
65Truck_Nut

Post by 65Truck_Nut »

good less work !!! I was wandering if i was going to have clearance. Thanks thats one worry aken care of.