Share some Hobbies

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

azjake
United States of America

Post by azjake »

Here is another favorite plane that I have owned. It is a Proctor Antic monoplane with an OS 60 4 stroke engine, onboard glow driver and it is covered with Coverite fabric. The wire wheels on it were made by a friend in Illinois over 30 years ago.

Antic on Final.

Antic in an Arizona Sunrise

Jake
I think I'll go to the "Spousal Avoidance Center" (workshop) for a while...
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

That is awesome, I love the looks of that plane, how wide is the wing span?
Cory

1962 F100 SWB Unibody, 223
1931 Ford 5 window coupe
1968 GT/California Special Mustang, 289
Complete 61 LWB Unibody parts truck with 292 Y Block
azjake
United States of America

Post by azjake »

Thanks! The wingspan of the Antic was 68", if I remember correctly, and it was a great flyer.
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

azjake wrote:Thanks! The wingspan of the Antic was 68", if I remember correctly, and it was a great flyer.
Really cool pictures too, especially the one with the sunset, the plane almost looks like the full size real deal. Heck it does look like a full size real plane.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Play a little guitar (kids got me a Martin for Christmas, total suprise!). Not a great guitar player but I like me. Also race dirt modifieds. Build our own motors and cars. Collect and build model cars. Got the Slick, a Fridge and a Falcon pro street under construction. Collect albums, mostly classic and hard rock. Couple of cats to watch when it gets boring. Also going to be a first time grandparent this summer. That should take up some more time.

SPark
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

LM14 wrote:Play a little guitar (kids got me a Martin for Christmas, total suprise!). Not a great guitar player but I like me. Also race dirt modifieds. Build our own motors and cars. Collect and build model cars. Got the Slick, a Fridge and a Falcon pro street under construction. Collect albums, mostly classic and hard rock. Couple of cats to watch when it gets boring. Also going to be a first time grandparent this summer. That should take up some more time.

SPark
Sounds like a fun bunch of hobbies but the greatest will be those grandkids, congratulations!! I have three little granddaughters, Kenedee, Maizie and Trinity, sure is fun to have them around.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I like to TAUNT the dynamite monkees....

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

azjake wrote:Here is another favorite plane that I have owned. It is a Proctor Antic monoplane with an OS 60 4 stroke engine, onboard glow driver and it is covered with Coverite fabric. The wire wheels on it were made by a friend in Illinois over 30 years ago.

Antic on Final.

Jake, that is a beautiful plane!, just how I like them!.
With a little imagination, you can almost see a De Havilland Beaver in it shape!

Antic in an Arizona Sunrise

Jake
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

ROFLMAO Lance!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
weezle

Post by weezle »

Working on, and riding motorcycles...Done a bit of track time over the years. Mostly touring now a days.

Here's a couple of shots of me riding at Blackhawk Farms Raceway.

I recently started combining Geocaching with motorcycle riding...It's very interesting the new places you can discover, while riding your bike.
Matt

1966 F-100 352 3-speed
2003 F-150 FX4 5.4L Auto
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I found a GEOCACHE on accident one time. Looked it up online..its pretty interesting ! I went back and signed the book as FOUND BY A MUGGLE ! hahahahha
johnzmu

Post by johnzmu »

Antique tractor pullin'
azjake
United States of America

Post by azjake »

johnzmu wrote:Antique tractor pullin'

This looks like fun!

Jake
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

I'm into land speed tractor racing.
The trailer is just for training purposes.
U@ss
You should see me at the salt flats at Bonniville.
[albumimg]6802[/albumimg]
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Obsa
United States of America

Post by Obsa »

I did a bit of antique tractor pulling about 30 yrs. back! Had an old well worn 8N and no money to fix it right. Pulled it off to start it, then one day I realized that if I parked it at the top of the hill I could roll it off to start it,
As my dad used to say, somewhere there was a horse that died a painful death from terminal constipation due to missing a key part of its anatomy.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

jacobd wrote:I have, I'll guess maybe a 25 gallon plastic bin filled with ho model railroad stuff, which never came to fruition.

I have a bunch of power tools that don't fit my hands.

I have an incomplete; I'd guess you'd call it, Steam Punk, manuscript of 70 or so pages.

I used to really enjoy backpacking and caving and thought I'd be a geomorphologist, until that got boring and I got lazy.

Then there was the canoe phase and the Colorado River.

I collect broken Ford trucks, which I don't have any clue how to repair.

Between age 16 and 20 I had a prolific tattoo collection, which covered my arms completely. BTW hurts more and costs more to take off than put on.

I have a collection of dog shit in the front yard.

I have two rifles: A 1960 Winchester 30-30 and an early '80s Ruger .22. I don't really know how to use either of them.

My uncle had one of those British Enfield’s someone mentioned above, but I don't think it had any rifling in the barrel; hurted really bad on my shoulder too.

I think I want to collect a Henry .357 magnum lever action and a Smith and Wesson .357, but I’m too ignant to know if the ammo is the same. And one of my great uncles had a Winchester Model 12. Maybe I want to collect that too. And I could collect a really nice shotgun for hunting ducks and doves. Don’t know where to start there though. Maybe I should learn how to hunt and fish first. A Boston Whaler would be good for that.

I guess my hobby is starting things, getting obsessively involved in them, then losing interest.

Although, there is one thing I have always done and continue to do with the bulk of my time and that is read. Reading would not only being my job, but my hobby. Funny thing, I feel so unread.

I used to love the History Channel, but the trend to Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars, and Logger stuff has eschewed my interest.

Lately I've been a bit obsessed with the Knights Templar.

So I am mostly just a knucklehead. Who can't stick with it!

Ignant Jak
if you drink we can be bestest friends. i actually feel bad because i haven't read a single non-fiction book so far this year (unless you count the hazmat testing requirements. it's only 33 pages,but reads like 133).
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Obsa
United States of America

Post by Obsa »

"Although, there is one thing I have always done and continue to do with the bulk of my time and that is read. "

From the age of 5 untill last Oct. or so reading was a passion. It became harder to do in 2008 when, as the eye drs. said I had a mini stroke and, my left eye went dark. Reading became more of a struggle with frequent headaches from eye strain. In the words of the old indian in The Outlaw Josey Wales I endevored to persevere. In Oct. my right eye became blurred and overly sensitive to light. Reading is impossible at least the printed word. I can struggle through reading and writing on the confuser using Windows High constrast black a minimun font size of 20 and magnifier. Try this sometime when you are bored, frustration cubed!

I am not posting this to be a downer or in search of compassion. Just to remind everyone of what a blessing vision is!
As my dad used to say, somewhere there was a horse that died a painful death from terminal constipation due to missing a key part of its anatomy.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

obsa, those words were spoken by chief dan george. that was actually a pretty powerful movie if you took it for more than it's hollywood face value.
"they made my horse surrender...he is probably pulling a wagon in kansas somewhere". lol
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Obsa
United States of America

Post by Obsa »

Yep, an excellent movie for sure.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

ezernut9mm wrote:obsa, those words were spoken by chief dan george. that was actually a pretty powerful movie if you took it for more than it's hollywood face value.
"they made my horse surrender...he is probably pulling a wagon in kansas somewhere". lol
Ah yes!, I remember that line well!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif