1961 Ford F100 flareside

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

FEED ME!!!! what have you done to the truck and what are your plans for the truck?????? I need my fix!!!don't just give me pictures, my mind starts doing things to them... s_crazy5.gif Anthony
crey

Post by crey »

What's that seat out of?
Astrowing

Post by Astrowing »

So far I've done the following:

Ignition wires, cap, plugs
New radiator
new tires, so it will roll and be driven
New brake cylinders, new master cylinder, new brake lines
New cab emergency brake cable and cleaned up brake handle and painted and lettered BRAKE (mandantory on the rolling hills)
Wiring repairs (mostly oxidized connectors) for horn, removing old generic button on the instrument panel and horn button repair and resetting of shift tube which had dropped away from steering wheel
New seal for steering column and repaint
New window parts for doors, antirattlers, and guides
Waiting on paint to do rubber parts
Seat is the original and was cleaned up and reupholstered locally
Repaint of instrument cluster and clean up of speedometer assembly including new bezels
Fixed turn signal stalk by tapping and drilling for the larger '63 stalk
Fixed friction spring for turn signal to stay in position
POR15 on back frame from cab back
Fluids and oils all around

We've got about 400 miles on it now and it runs and stops well. The 223 with the 3.7 axle is a very tourqy combination. Feels like a lot of power. The bed is off, so I'm preparing to start blasting and priming. I'm staying with the original caribbean turquoise for the final coat this year sometime.
crey

Post by crey »

Astrowing wrote:Seat is the original and was cleaned up and reupholstered locally

You mean to tell me that the.. basically, pile 'o springs sitting in the cab of
my truck can actually look like that??

I'm kidding of course.. I know how to upholster, but I'm not sure if I've ever
seen a slick with the "original" seat in it!

I must say, it looks just fine.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

your truck looks great Astrowing. I am working on almost all the things that you have done to yours. and still working and still working....ect. keep us posted on the rest of your build ...slicks forever.. Anthony
Astrowing

Post by Astrowing »

Thanks to everyone's help and suggestions. I've got the chrome pulled off and on the way to be rechromed. I'm not really ready for it, but once I found someone ready to do it locally (and they do vintage cars and trucks), I thought I should jump on it. We have a lot of people in Houston that only do industrial jobs with other types of platings.
Astrowing

Post by Astrowing »

Got the chrome back this week and I've got it repainted and it'll look good. Last weekend, I put on new outside mirrors and I've replaced the cab mounts and radiator mounts. I got all the bolts out without doing any cutting! I also replaced the front motor mount and will do the rear engine mounts also. The rubber was all in really bad shape. I've got the cab floor primed and will paint it next.