Slick Pictures

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Shawn F.

Slick Pictures

Post by Shawn F. »

Does anyone have any pictures of their slicks with dropped I beams on? I just bought a pair of DJM dropped beams from Doc on the boards here and would like to see how your guys' look with them on. They wont give me the amount of drop I'd like but I dont have money for an MII front end so these will have to do for now. I am going to try and run AR Torq Thrust Originals (grey centered ones and polished outter lip) wheels with 15's in the front and 17's out back with probably 60 series tires all around or 60 in front and 65 out back (to give the back tire a taller look and be taller than stock).
I'd appreciate any pictures here and any info or tips for when I install these things.

Thanks a lot!
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Here is a shot of mine. Drop beams on the front and drop front spring mounts on the rear, no shackles, maybe after I rearch the rear springs. 18x7 on the front 20x9.5 on the back.

I don't know how these beams compare to the DJMs, they are the first ones I ever saw. Made in Ohio in the late 80s early 90s. They are cast iron just like the stock Ford beams, not DOM tubing.

Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

I have a picture of your truck saved somewhere I think on my other computer. Your truck looks very good and I like the wheels. Looks the AR Hustler (I think that's the name) wheel... starts with an H lol. I was thinking of 15 inch in the front and 17's out back but 17 in front and 18 out back might be ok too. See also, I have 3.70 gears out back so I can go as tall as I want in the back and not worry about gearing or nothing (not that it will make much of a difference). I like a bigger sidewall in the back and shorter in the front to give it somewhat of that pro street look without the HUGE WIDE rear tires since I can't fit wide tires out back...
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

BTW, I just found a picture of the size back tire I like... Would this fit something like my 66 F100?
http://groups.msn.com/Slick-Stock/slick ... &PhotoID=3
hopefully that link works and shows the truck... The front wheels and tires is close but I'd like a lower profile in front just a TAD.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Don't know if this helps but I had 31x10.50 15s inside the wheelwells of my 66 short wide. I'll see if I still have a pic of it on a disc somewhere.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Shawn F. wrote:BTW, I just found a picture of the size back tire I like... Would this fit something like my 66 F100?
http://groups.msn.com/Slick-Stock/slick ... &PhotoID=3
hopefully that link works and shows the truck... The front wheels and tires is close but I'd like a lower profile in front just a TAD.

I never thought the 295/40R20s would fit on mine, it has a section width of 11.61 and it is 29.3 inches tall. However my friend at Discount Tire measured carefully for the correct wheel offset, and it all fits better than OJ's gloves.
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

What is the stock height on our tires? Anyone know?
Yeah that is pretty big. I look under my truck and it looks like there is very LITTLE room back there to fit anything. My 85 Chevy can fit a 9 inch wide rim and huge tires just STOCK and I thought my Ford here could fit the same. I went and measured (looked) and NOPE, not even close.
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

I have a question about the wheels and tires here again... Say I have the stock sized 75 series tires on the 15" rims and a 3.70 gear in the back. It screams down the freeway... Now if I get 17 inch wheels in the back with a 65 series tires out back (taller wheel/tire combo) then will that help ANY with gearing or is that not enough to even tell a difference? Heck maybe I will go 17 up front and 18 out back but I want to try and keep a small wheel and tire up front since my dropped beams only drop 3 inches and I want it to be lower up front.
Anypics of different wheels and tire combos with dropped beams would be good as well if possible.
Thanks a lot for anymore help!
j-mac

Post by j-mac »

This is my favourite picture, I love how it sits, but I don't think the front end has been dropped. Can anyone confirm? Was this achieved just by using a larger tire in the back?

[albumimg]1354[/albumimg]
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

That appears to be a stock suspension.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Man that truck looks nice and I like the steelies. I was thinking about getting some of those for now until I get over 1000 bucks for the American Racing wheels I want but not sure yet. If that thing was lowered about 5 inches in front and 6 out back or level then it would look awesome!
flareside64

Post by flareside64 »

J mac,

Thanks, Im glad you like that pic. That is my 64. The truck is all stock but it has heavier duty springs in the back. I have two 64's and that one has more leafs than the other. Cant remember how many though. I'll get a count next time I see the truck(its in a storage place for the winter while I have more room to work on my 65 in the garage) In that picture it has all the original springs with larger tires in the back and smaller up front. I have since put brand new leafs up front as they were getting bad. It still has a nice stance, but sits a bit taller in front now, but still has a noticable rake due to the rear springs and tire combo. I have one picture of it in my album with the new front springs, same tires
Travis
1949 F-4 226/4 speed
1964 F100 223/3 speed
1965 F100 4x4 445/4 speed