Wayne @needmoretime door sills

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Wayne @needmoretime door sills

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Wayne here is a picture of the last set of Door sills you sent us if you did not get to see the truck @ Charlotte

[albumimg]5785[/albumimg]

Now Wayne here is that truck

[albumimg]5786[/albumimg]

Here is some of the info since we had about 75 % input on this truck, this truck was a long bed shortened to a short bed,, The cab is off one of our F-750 Fire Trucks but was not a super duty F-750 so same cab,, Many phone calls on where this goes measurements back and forth for where this needs to be since frame was shortened, wood colors, light positioned,, stock 6 cylinder, so much detail went in this truck he said it overwelmed the judges in Charlotte.. This truck is out of Ohio and took these pics at Supernationals
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

:shock: WOW!!! thats one sharp slick....did you frame the '66 in the window intentionally?
Anthony
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Great eye I had to look to see what you meant now I SEE It its one of those things that just happened that way check next post with that 65 parked behind it
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Wow, # slicks in 1 shot. Looks like a green and white tilt bed slick off to the left rear.
Wyatt
Astrowing

Post by Astrowing »

That is one awesome truck! Do you have any other pictures of it?
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

Thanks for the Picture Tom!! We have 2 more sets on hand. Those look really nice polished up!!

:cheers:
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

That little red truck was outstanding. I hadn't asked the guy about what all he did, but I know it was a work of art. Of all the trucks at the show this one stood out without having any custom work done to it. If mind you , you don't count mountains of hours having gone into the detail finish work. Ford never built a truck like this. The finish on the frame was most likely better than Ford exterior paint on the originals. And yes those step plates were super sharp. I do have on question for everyone, and maybe I should take time and look it up in the parts manuals, but here goes. On the original step plates, there is a groove on the inside of the outside top, if I remmember correctly. For some reason, I think at one time, I had a rubber strip that mounted into this groove. Any comments ?

Have a great day,
Rich
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Those sure are pretty.
Nice truck!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.