2010 Spring Splash

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

wyatt

2010 Spring Splash

Post by wyatt »

Is it too early to start planning a spring get together for 2010?
May 22nd is a saturday. Does that sound like a good day?
How about making the theme, Slick Shoehouse Tour.
We'll have our normal cook out (sweet italian sausage and others) and then head out to the shoehouse for a tour. I'll set it up with the owners for us to be there. There is a small ice cream shop on the 1st floor. Parking is not that great but I bet it would make a good picture.
Never too early to start planning.
Let me know what you think. I'll supply the sausage and rolls. What will you be bringing? :lol: Should we start a list?
Chuck
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

I'll work on getting sponsorship from Dr Scholl's !
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Hey Wyatt,

That sounds like a great idea! Of course, it also sounds like a sneaky way to get another birthday cake - But, I'm okay with that (it was GOOD cake). Planning a MAC Get-Together a year in advance is a pretty ballsy move and I applaud you for it. I'M IN! Sign me up for the usual; chips and soda.

Talk to you soon...Sinc
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

I've been thinking about an award for the furtherest traveled next year. What do you guys think? Some input would be welcome. I've got an idea but don't want to post it here just yet. It's not anything fancy but would be cool to add to ones collection.
Just trying to keep everyones interest for next year.
Chuck(Wyatt)
cool57

Post by cool57 »

Count me in. Let me know if any extras are needed! Oh is there an award for the shortest distance traveled???
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

LOL, I think I would have that locked in. I was thinking maybe we could have an ugly guy award. :rotflmao:
I'll bring an ugly stick so we can beat Tim with it. :stick:
Chuck
thrush544

Post by thrush544 »

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to go if I can find a truck by then!
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

You have to be quicker than that OLD MAN.
I ducked before you finished your thought.

Tim..............wishin' I was rich instead of handsome !
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Hey thrush 544, You don't have to have a truck to join in on all the fun. You are more than welcome to show up without a truck. It's all about having fun. Maybe you can help swing the ugly stick. Sounds like Tim might be pretty fast. He'll get tired of ducking if we have enough guys to swing the stick. Hope you can make it.

Hey Tim,
I see you think you're fast. Huh buddy? At least I can kick your butt in horse shoes. Which by the way, I redid my pits and they are waiting for any challengers. I'm feeling pretty froggy.
Chuck
65 66 Ford

Post by 65 66 Ford »

cool57 wrote: Oh is there an award for the shortest distance traveled???

Yea, the award is "Head Chef" for the day. :wink:
Fran

65 Ford F100 CC style side looooongbedddddd

Be American buy American
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

:laughing:
Good one Fran.
Chuck
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

I may be in the running for longest distance but if Tom or someone else made the hike I'd rather see it go to someone else..

I "may" have my truck this time...

I'll have "junior" work on his ladder ball skills so he doesn't hurt anyone.. There was a close call with someone, think it may have been Dwight. I'm only laughing inside....
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

That would be cool if you could make it with Silvia Jason but if you can't make the trip with her I will understand. Just as long as you make it.

I think Jr did have fun when he was here last year. That's what we all want. As long as everyone leaves with a smile on their face and a full belly, I know my efforts were worth it. I'm sure he will like going through the big shoe this year. That will give him something to tell his friends about at school.

Like I told everyone last year when it was all over, I want next year to be bigger and better. Let's fill that lot with slicks or just the family driver.
Hope to see you then. Bring your camera.

Now, Where's that big guy? :stick:
Chuck
65 66 Ford

Post by 65 66 Ford »

Hey Tim, sounds like Chuck needs a pinata for his Bday. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Fran

65 Ford F100 CC style side looooongbedddddd

Be American buy American
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Chuck is already BEGGING for help swingin' the stick.............

must suck to be that old!!!!!!

Fran, no pinata, he cant reach that high.

Oh, let me check...............did he schedule this thing for his birthday------AGAIN !
thrush544

Post by thrush544 »

Good Morning,
I got a little closer to finally buying a slick. I made an offer on one over the weekend, via e-mail we have come to an agreement I believe. I will let you all know more when it's a done deal.

God Bless,
Ed
thrush544

Post by thrush544 »

Ok guys, it's a done deal (pics in my album) now I just need to get her home. You'll have to fill me in on the Spring event, sounds like a lot of fun.

God Bless,
Ed
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Where did you get it, and what did you buy?

Tim
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Hey Ed, That looks like a keeper. Does it run as it is? Can't wait to watch your progress. Is that a 63?

Spring Splash is held here at my place in York. I hope you can make it. It's just the Mac guys getting together for a cook out and a good time. This past year was a pretty good turn out. I told the guys I want to make it bigger and better next year. Our fellow member Frankie Bones had posted some great pics here somewhere. Maybe someone can link it here for you to see.

Keep us posted with your progress.
Chuck
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

http://photobucket.com/frankiepicsmay23

Here they are. I hope Frankie doesn't mind but I think he did a real good job taking pictures that day. Thanks again Frankie.
Chuck