kstones63 project

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

kstones63
United States of America

Re: kstones63 project

Post by kstones63 »

The Mark VIII wiring was the same way, wires going everywhere. That is why I built the cover over the intake, just to help hide the wires. I took the original loom apart just so I could move the wires around where I wanted them to go but I still had to lengthen and shorten some of the wires. I just don't have any pics of the looms of wires that are on top of the trans and going all over. They are bundled together but there is a lot of looms.

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Actually I looked back in some of the earlier pictures of fitting the engine and theres a half decent picture of the wire looms going back over the tranny .

I have my work cut out for me :D. I was actually considering making a set of stainless false inner fenders to hide all of the junk under between the stock inner fenders and the stainless ones :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

I ran all of my wires up next to the firewall and into the cab from under the fender apron. I also put the a/c and heater hoses under there as well. I didn't build a protection wall but I am thinking that it would be a good idea in case a tire ever comes apart. That would be a mess.

Kevin
kstones63
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Utilizing the COP as on the Gen II Marks also helps clean everything up. I'm thinking either a SDS or PMS system such as for the 32 valve Mustangs would be well worth the cost for the ability to eliminate un-needed circuits, let alone the tuneability advantages
Paul.
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

Toyz wrote:Utilizing the COP as on the Gen II Marks also helps clean everything up. I'm thinking either a SDS or PMS system such as for the 32 valve Mustangs would be well worth the cost for the ability to eliminate un-needed circuits, let alone the tuneability advantages
Paul.

That is why I converted to the COP. It is a lot cleaner thatn the coil packs.
What is the SMS & PMS system? I'm not familiar them. Mine is OBD1 so it needs a prom chip or the Moates Quarterhorse chip that is programable. I think that I am going to use the prom chip just because it is easier and I don't think that I want to learn the binery editing needed for the Moates chip.

Kevin
kstones63
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

I just looked up the Anderson Ford PMS system for the 32 valve and there is no listing. I have the original developer's email addy somewhere; I will check to see if he supports the 32 valve.
The SDS (Simple Digital Systems) is my first choice for a standalone system, and the 32 valve is supported thru Western Motorsports- wmsracing.com. The big disadvantage here, other than the cost, is the lack of electronic transmission controls, requiring the purchase of a controller such as the Baumanometer.
Since you already have a workable system, you would probably be better served with a PROM. Starting from scratch, I would highly recommend the SDS. The inexpensive option would be to do as you did, only utilize the Gen II (97/98) OBD-II system, then buy a hand-held, or have a reputable tuner set it up.
The go-to guy for EEC-4 used to be Jerry Wrobeleski, a former Ford engineer. He was involved in the original twin supercharged Mark VIII that Lincoln ran at Bonneville. I have not heard from/about him in a number of years.
Dennis Reinhardt, at Reinhardt Automotive in Jacksonville, FL., also is a reputable source for EEC-4 issues, especially on the 32 valve applications.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

I googled the SDS system. It looks like a pretty good way to go but I'm not really looking for a real performance tunable program at this time. That might change at a later date, who knows. I'm mainly looking for a chip to get the codes out of the computer so I can hook the check engine light back up. I also want a little bit more performance just because.
I talked to Dennis Reinhart about a chip and I am probably going to have him build it for me. I was hoping to find somebody local to make it just in case I miss something that needs to be deleted. This way it is easier to get it redone. I haven't had any luck finding someone local so it is probably going to Reinhart.

Kevin
kstones63
totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

BEAUTIFUL build,keeps the pics coming. Great color. Tony
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
cnb

Post by cnb »

where did you get the tail light filler kit form? i like that idea
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

cnb wrote:where did you get the tail light filler kit form? i like that idea
I bought one piece of aluminum and the rest was built out of material from my garage. This is what I think about when I can't sleep at 2:00 in the morning. It really isn't that hard to build but I have a small mill in my garage so that helped for cutting the slots. I am sure that there are other ways to cut them but that was the easiest for me. If you want more pics, send me your email address and I can send you more.
I think that the hardest part about this was mounting it in that small opening. I had to cut a hole in the side of the stake pocket to mount it and then make a plate to cover it. The cap is a push thru cap so you don't have to get your hand in that small opening. It came from Hagans Street Rods.

Kevin
kstones63
marcfridge

Post by marcfridge »

wow