Carlisle Events

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Fanatic

Carlisle Events

Post by Fanatic »

I was just talking with another member and sent him this E-mail. Thought I would post my thoughts to ALL:

I Kinda understand your point----but..............Having just come back from the Ford Show, with my bro and his truck, I will say this.If you are going to go with 2 people and a truck this is $25 each. If you want to go for 2 days(one day for flea market and one day lookin at trucks)--thats $12.50 @day. Lets do the math----Entry fee to just go--$10 each day --parking out in town $10 @day and a mile walk just to get in the gate. Then if ya buy anything you have to lug it around all day or HIKE back out.
We made several trips to his truck with purchased items -plus had a cooler full of drinks there (saved ALOT of money)
Personally I wouldnt go without entering! We didnt even really worry about SHOWING his truck....more of a financial savings and the convenience of being inside.

Tim

By the way ---had a Great time at the ALL-Ford show. Caught up with Wayne, Larry, Tom Golden and Just plain Tom from FlashBack, who once again hooked me up with a truckload of his quality parts.

And you ALL missed the "Pepsi Fantasy" Big Tom knows what I mean!!!!

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Tim I still wish I got a picure of tha pepsi trailer,, JC Would have gotten a kick out of that even though it weas raining
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
mud-puppy

PARKING

Post by mud-puppy »

hey up by gate # 3 there is parking BUT you have to get in first thing in the am. about 600 ft. to gate #3 hope some of you bring some parts with you. like a hood,inner fenders, maybe a short bed for my 66.
I'LL GIVE UP MY 66 WHEN THEY PRY MY COLD DEAD HANDS OFF OF IT !
cookster4495

Post by cookster4495 »

Mudd puppy, if you come up to the Allentown area could hook you up with a hood,inners,and possibly a bed (needs work) for the cost of your time and gas ss_pokes2.gif Larry
66ford

Post by 66ford »

We go to the ford show every year.. would love to meet some of you guys!
1966 LWB 352
1969 Fairlane Conv't, 302.
16 and loving life.
R.I.P Cam
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

I was planning on going to Carlise for the swap meet in October. Anyone been there that can tell me if its worth the trip?
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

The Fall show is for ALL manufacturers---hence it's a GM thing .....and I don't understand!
I stopped going to the regular shows because of the 90% GM.
The best show is the ALL-Ford show in June.
It will take a good 2 days to see it all.

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

Tim,

Thanks for the info. No need for me to go if its mostly GMs. Is the show in June a swap meet as well? Thanks for the help
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Go to the All-Ford show. Yes, it's a swap meet too. You can build a Mustang from scratch with all the parts there. It's so nice not having to wade through 257 small block Chevy intake manifolds to find Ford parts. Flashback Tom is there and so is Rick from Carolina Classics and Dennis Carpenter.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »