Man Down!

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Sinc

Man Down!

Post by Sinc »

Hey Guys,

Well, I gotta tell you that this is a hard post for me to write…

For those of you who were at Wyatt’s cookout in May, you already know that I’m battling some major body problems (i.e., a bad hip). Recently, my wife took me to a Body Shop (i.e., The Rothman Institute at Jefferson University) for an estimate. We met with the Head Mechanic (Dr. Richard Rothman) and one of his best body and fender guys (Dr. Austin). Both of those guys put me up on the lift (the X-Ray machine) and gave me a through inspection and the results weren’t so good (too much rust, I guess). Unfortunately, there isn’t anything that they can do for me. Obviously, OEM parts are out of the question. I had hoped for some sort of NOS solution, but that isn’t an option either. So, rather than send me to the crusher, I am going to start using a wheelchair full-time. But, don’t feel too bad for me - I’ve known for a long time that this day was coming and I’m okay with it.

However, what that means is that working on my Slick and even just driving my Slick have become real problems. So, my good buddy Rich (aka Beagle) is going to take over my Slick. This is a great solution; Rich gets a running Slick, the Slick stays within the MAC “family”, and I get to stay involved with the project. And, speaking of “involved”, if it’s okay with you guys I would sure like to stay involved with the MAC and Slick60s. Over the years as a member of Slick60s I have made some outstanding friendships with folks all across the United States, Canada, England, Australia, Europe, and yeah even Texas. There are just too many of you to name individually here. But, you know who you are.

The hardest part of this is trying to find the right words to express my undying gratitude to all of the members of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC). I sure hope that you guys know how much you all mean to me. You guys are the best friends I have ever had in my life – BAR NONE! With you guys, I have had probably the most touching (the “Overwhelmin’” episode), the coolest (road trip to SS-04), the funniest (Dude-fest), and the most rewarding (SS-06) experiences of my life. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart! Okay, that’s enough being sappy. Get back to work – SS-10 is only 422 days, 17 hours, 35 minutes, and 51 seconds away!

I’ll talk to you soon…
…Sinc

P.S. Don't forget to wish Rich "Luck" on HIS new project!
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

How about a lift gate?

We aren't letting you off the hook that easy Bill.
You are STUCK with us.........................forever!

Keep up the spirits...there's alot of us on your side.
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
beagle

Post by beagle »

Well guys, as far as I'm concerned-- this is always going to be Bill's truck- if he didn't need the hand controls for another vehicle I'd keep them on. ( I DID tell him the first thing I wanted to do to it was put the door handles back on (':lol:')) I do have to say, though, it IS cool to drive a Slick that actually starts and stops when you want it to-although I remember having to push this one few times when it stopped in places Sinc didn't intend it to, like a on 4 laner in Delaware. So, Bill needs another ride he can put the wheelchair on top of and get in and out of easier-- any '64 Thunderbolts around with an automatic in it?
Rich
Beagle
61 unibody
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

For you to even ask if you can still be a part of our little band of idiots is ridiculous. Everyone always asks if you are coming to whatever event is planned (possibly so they can either come up with fresh insults or start using their stress balls more frequently to build up resistance to your crushing handshake). I'm delighted you are still planning on SS. Wouldn't be Iowa without you there, though I don't know if you'll want to make the trip without your sidekick this time. :lol:

As for the truck, I can help Beagle re-install those door handles at the same time we stretch the frame to the proper length and install th right bed on it.
:wink:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

I'm thinking your not gonna have a choice, you are stuck here, like it or not.. :wink:

I bet we could put a Slick "shell" on that nice gold Ranger.. :D

We do need someone to plan the trip to SS.. hint.. hint...
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
cookster4495

Post by cookster4495 »

In helping Dwight on his never ending quest,,,I still have that frame here.
Would be willing to deliever for the good of the cause :thumright:
65 66 Ford

Post by 65 66 Ford »

Hi Bill, sorry to hear of your ill fate. :cry: Hopefully you will stay around here for a long time.
Fran

65 Ford F100 CC style side looooongbedddddd

Be American buy American
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

Bill,
That post sorta told a story and although you shared your challeges I loved the way you told the story. I think you should do a book or something that is illustrated by Rich. He has a knack for that and you have a knack for stories. I can even help supply material that did not come from Fazios! :lol:

Your always part of the group and keep us together kinda like bondo on one of those there long beds. :shock: