61 ford truck experts

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

willy3486

61 ford truck experts

Post by willy3486 »

I mainly know about the 65-66 trucks since mine is a 66. I know a little about the 63-64 since I had a uncle who had one. But I know almost nothing about the 61-62 ones. I got a friend that I think has a 61 in his backyard. It belongs to his son and it belonged to the grandad so it has a sentimental value. I have a few questions but here is why I think it is a 61. It has the bigger more curvy inner fenders of earlier ones. The inside has the curved area of the cab to step into. I think it may be a f100, its about the size of mine and 5 bolt wheels . I forgot what the spear on the side said. The main reason I think it is a 61 it has the letters FORD stamped into the grill. It does not have the bed made into the cab but has a stepside bed. The question I have on this is what cabs will interchange with this truck if it is a f100 61 model? Also what hood will work,model,years. What years and models should he look for if he finds a parts truck? What years should he look for a stepside truck for the tailgate. The cab is in bad shape, holes in floor, The cab roof seam has rust through and the cab roof has been hit and dented in bad. The sick part of it is that the dash has no holes for any radio and is perfect. Somebody broke all the glass out and thats probably why it has went downhill so bad. What kinds of suggestions do you guys have to suggest on parts.
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Sounds like a 61 grille.

Cab: 61-64

Hood: 61-66

Flareside tail gate: around 53(?) to 72 (change in script sometime) B7C-8340700-A in D.C. catalog

61-64 for a parts truck.

I don't claim to be an expert, though.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
NYf-100

Post by NYf-100 »

Willy,

It's a minor point, but the '64 will fit, but has a 1" taller roof which is incorrect. I also think the earlier cab roof line looks better. The FORD letters in the grille is 1961 only.

Bill
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Correct, I mis-typed.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"