Jack's '65

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

1965fordf100
United States of America

Post by 1965fordf100 »

:laughing: He sure did! Thanks for the compliments, Alan!
Phil
1965fordf100
United States of America

Post by 1965fordf100 »

Got some paint sprayed on the new i-beams, steering knuckles, and radius arms today. Also finished spraying the frame. This nice weather sure is motivating me to get some stuff done! Hopefully have it all installed up under the truck by next weekend praying.gif praying.gif praying.gif

Phil
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

those beams are looking good. you may want to do something with that cab floor in the grass over there.lol keep it going!
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
1965fordf100
United States of America

Post by 1965fordf100 »

Thanks for the compliments, Gregg! That cab floor will be getting cut up for patch panels soon...Hopefully the front suspension will be going back in later this week, as long as this cold I caught goes away!
Phil
1965fordf100
United States of America

Post by 1965fordf100 »

Got a little done, but not much...got the front suspension w/discs put back on and got it rollin again, these pics do not show it rollin but they are what I have taken at the time...should be starting some cab floor work soon

got my son out helping again, he sure loves to try and help!

Phil
Thunderboy

Post by Thunderboy »

Little kids love to "help," don't they? :lol: Looks good so far, Phil!
Drew

66 F250 Frame swap, EFI 408W, ZF 5-speed swap (still!) in progress
63 Falcon Futura EFI 331W, T5, but not much progress... Slicks First!!!
1965fordf100
United States of America

Post by 1965fordf100 »

It's been a while since I updated on the project. I finally got the motor and tranny back in...although I still need to paint the tranny. I started to work on my cab a bit, then decided to clean up the garage, and snap some pics of the rolling chassis w/ motor and tranny installed. Sorry if the pics are of poor quality, I snapped em with my cell phone

And this is what I'm dealing with on the cab...I had a deal worked out with a guy here in town to get a free cab that had some roof damage, but now he isn't answering his phone...so I guess I will be fixing this one, or hopefully find a new cab soon...
Phil
Rusty 63
United States of America

Post by Rusty 63 »

I like the bolted-in patch panel.

And hate it when guys stop responding - I mean if you sold it just say so!

I think my cab may be worse, though my floor patches are welded in. Which will make them so much harder to get out! LOL
1965fordf100
United States of America

Post by 1965fordf100 »

those bolted in cab mounts are going bye-bye...I guess my grandfather did that back in the early 80's from what my uncle tells me. He also riveted in a bunch of patch panels that he made from galvinized sheet metal, I guess that is what a aircraft maker does best "rivet", I'm surprised he didn't use aluminum sheets. Gramps always told me "Do the job right the first time, Son!", I wish he was alive for me to ask him "What the Hell were you doing riveting in galvinized sheet metal?!" Oh well, he is probably watching me do all this work from up above and laughing his tail off!
Phil
1965fordf100
United States of America

Re: Jack's '65

Post by 1965fordf100 »

Well it has only been about a year and a half since I last had a good chance to work on the truck...new baby came last January, and normal family life got in the way I guess...since the last update I found a cab at the local pick and pull for $200, it was almost perfect! I just now got started on getting some body work and paint done on that cab...I have painted the bottom of that cab and it is ready to make it's way back onto the frame. I also have bought all of the parts to run all new brake lines, just need to get the cab back on to accomplish that task...anyway enough typing here are some pic updates.

The paint did start to orange peel a bit, but I got the gun adjusted after the second coat, and eliminated most of it...
Phil
totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Great job on rebuilding. tony
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Sweet! That is a much better looking cab!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
1965fordf100
United States of America

Post by 1965fordf100 »

Tony, and Dan thanks for the compliments...I just realized that I didn't post pics of what it looked like before scraping some factory undercoating, and then soda blasting before epoxying, priming, and then topcoat...so here are some of those

Phil
totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Nice cab. Good mounts and center braces on floor.I repaired mine" once, need too do it again -sagging a little. Keep up the nice rebuild going. tony
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

wow thats amazing for $200
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
1965fordf100
United States of America

Post by 1965fordf100 »

I was on a roll getting stuff done on the 65...I got the cab back on the frame, I got the power steering pump put on, and my father in law was in town so he helped me shorten the steering column...I had a shaft from a 79 power steering truck, so I only had to shorten the column housing itself, and I need to cut the short nub off the end of the 79 shaft, and it will work great. So here is the really crappy part, I took a break on Sunday from working on the truck to play in a basketball tournament and ended up breaking my arm! So now the progress train is stopped again! I didn't get to assemble the steering column yet, or get the power steering pump hoses and belt on yet, so her are some pics of how she sits right now

I need to clean up the bearings in the column, and it will be ready to reassemble
Phil
PoKoMoko

Post by PoKoMoko »

Huggies! lol I love it!
1965fordf100
United States of America

Post by 1965fordf100 »

PoKoMoko wrote:Huggies! lol I love it!

Those boxes come in handy for a lot of things haha
Phil
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I like the welding table myself. :)

Sorry about your arm!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
1965fordf100
United States of America

Post by 1965fordf100 »

I got the steering column reassembled and part way back in the truck...kinda hard with one good arm! I need to adjust the spacing between the wheel and column, but again one arm stopped me from doing that...a new wheel is coming too, just not putting it on yet

I plan on using the steering column to firewall seal from the 79 column, but it looks like I will need to do some slight modifications to the firewall, and seal first...unless someone has a power steering column firewall bracket from a early to mid 70's truck that I can find
Phil