New to the site, 64/66 F100

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

I like the way that you think. I would probably have turned the car upside down too so I could get the rear diff out.
:welcome: from Phoenix.
Keep up the good work.

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
AdmiralGregor

Post by AdmiralGregor »

Thanks alot for the compliments guys. This truck was a serious learning experience. And its by no means finished. I began repairing the tailgate, and the bed is in SEVERE need of repair. But with all the extra scrap we got from the Lincoln, its nothing I can't fix. The project is just about 2 years old now, and its just now about ready to get state inspection. We just had her out for a little road test this past weekend, and let me tell you, riding on that Lincoln suspension, it just cruises. It'll do 60 and feel like 35. I'll have some more pics this weekend hopefully, I painted the dash two-tone gloss black and off-white.

So I named it the FrankenLincoln. And there is more than a good enough reason. Not only is the entire driveline from that Mkv, but 25% of the floors, 1/3 of the frame, the guts for the steering column, both gas and brake pedals. All ported over. All told, this project cost us $3500 bucks, give or take a few. That includes EVERYTHING.

If y'all have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them, and any opinions are always welcome. I know its a rather un-orthodox build, to say the least.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

South East PA, you have some guys in your area there, around Philly, Bill (Sinc), Rich (Beagle), Larry (cookster4495), and I don't think Tim (Fanatic) would be too far away. Jason (jwh f-100) is up in Equinunk.
Some have stubbed the frames with LTDs I think yours is the only Lincoln I have seen but what a great swap, not too far out of the box. The MAC (Mid Atlantic Chapter) are a bunch of outstanding guys!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.