Question about rear springs

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Ford4jack

Question about rear springs

Post by Ford4jack »

I was wondering how many leafs were in the rear springs on a 63 f100 truck.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It must have varied, My shortbox uni not only has just as many (or more) leaves as my long wheelbase '64, it also had, inexplicably, overloads.
If you ever got that little uni loaded enough to sit on the overloads, there isn't a hope you would be able to shut the doors. :shock: They are both 1/2 tons

JC
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
61ford

Post by 61ford »

mine if i remember right had 8 in the back and 6 in the front
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
Comet

Post by Comet »

Yeah JC, mine has overloads too! They are coming off though. I'm pretty sure mine was overloaded a time or two. My rear axle is bent and actually torn at the spring perch. I have a spare in waiting.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Ford4jack

Post by Ford4jack »

I got a hold of a 63 fridge style bed and springs to put on my 66( Thanks again Reese) the springs from it has 9 leafs.

It got me to wondering because the 66 has 5 leafs so I was thinking the 63 might have had a set of 3/4 ton springs on it.

I really like the bed style but it looks to be around 5 inches or so shorter c/l of wheel to front edge than the 66 longbed

I did put the springs on the 66 but I might pull out two leafs or so

The first thing my wife said was is this one going to ride like the powerwagon did.

That comment was in reference to the old 65 3/4 ton powerwagon we had years ago. To this day she swears that that truck started her labor of our first child

Full term 8lb 14oz i believe she was ready to see the world myself