Cruzin the web

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Cruzin the web

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

It's funny how technology evolves and we change how we go about doing things. The abundance of information out there is mind boggling to say the least. I will be the first to admit that for every hour I spend in the garage, I probably spend 2 or 3 on the 'puter reading through posts or visiting manufacturers sites. I am sure that my wife is not the first out there who cannot understand what is so special about that truck, or who in the world are you talking to or reading about at this hour on the internet.

I consider myself fairly mechanical, considering I am (was) a diesel mechanic for John Deere years back. After reading some of the specialized engine sites, I feel quite naive. I guess what I am trying to say is that I always end up back home here at good ol Slick 60s. 99% of the ideas and mods for my creation have come from this site and and it sure is good to call it home. Thanks again guys.

Project Hurst Ranger is about a month away from firing up and should be roadworthy for summer!!

Mark 8)
Mark

Ford4jack

Post by Ford4jack »

Yes this internet info age is good When i got my 66 it looked a bit rough to me and I listed it on ebay to sell but I stumbled apon the old slick 60s msn site and found out about all the easy mods that could be done to these trucks so i kept it.

I worked for Deere for about 12 years on construction and forestery machinery and i do enjoy working on the truck. Parts are light and you can work on most anything with a basic set of tools.

The best thing tho is NO TIME CLOCK on this project.

Do what you want when you want and how you want

I am getting amped up tho about 2 more days until its ready for the first drive. Then i have to put on the accessory items lights,mirrors,fenders etc
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Mark,
I feel #1 thing about the web is the access to a great diversity of ideas & technologies of any and all levels for most topics and subjects. We can pick & choose as each of us may care to, just to suit our own needs/ wants. But there is a bunch of "BS" floating around in cyberspace also. :roll:

What I do not care for is there is no way a uninformed persons can determine what is reality and what is not. It all looks the same on line. :?

BUT. . . there is a positive in that because the vast majority of people realize they are not as informed as they should be & go back gaining a broader perspective at least, before making critical or costly decisions. Like the old adage says; "Don't believe anything you hear & only believe 1/3 of what you see" or however that sayin' goes. . . . As an example look at mass media, how much of that can anybody believe? :lol:

Point is, by "Cruzin' the Web" we can "learn" where we need to learn, or learn what we need to "Laff Off". So we get educated just by experiencing it all, good/ bad, true & false together. Most of us learned lots, specifically about slicks just by sharing what we all know commonly or specially/ specifically. right here on SLICK 60s.

In contrast, the folks who avoid Computers have their world shrinking away from them, and aren't even aware of that fact. They aren't able to compare what they know with what they could learn because they have no clue what's available here on line. I believe it's what's called a digital Divide, "those who cruze vs those who snooze" If you'll allow me to make that comparison. . . .

When we who "cruze" make our choices they generally are informed as a result of our cruizin'. So what can I say about the snoozers choice . . . . :hm: Nothing, I won't go there. . . . . . . . :roll:

I don't know how I got along with out my computer now that I have had one for so long. ( 16 years this year :shock: )

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

when i bought my first slick about the same time as we got online, i had no idea there was so much interest and information on these trucks.
typed in 63 f250 in the search to see what would happen.rest is history and a huge stockpile of parts and info.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Always good to hear thoughts guys. Pete, I agree with you 100 percent and that is something that I try and live my live with as well.

Not that I am a pessimist, but I really have to experience something myself before I truly believe it. In todays sometimes underskilled workplace due to our fast paced economy, I rarely trust important decisions made by peers. My current job requires fast judgement and common sense, a term that is not supposed to be used anymore (I suppose due to the shortage of it) If I make a wrong decision, my perril is imminent. (seen more than one explosion)

It is unfortunate that we can trust everybody because there was a time when I was alot more trusting. As far as the internet, I do agree that it is shaping and shrinking our world daily. There is no going back. We have to embrace it to stay on top of everything.

That's my sermon for the day 8)

Mark
Mark

adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

Hard core web wheelin is fun.

Adrianspeeder