My 65 F250

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ccain

Re: Column

Post by ccain »

bluebolt wrote:
ccain wrote:Here's another dumb question. Is the back of a 352 the old 5 bolt style like they used on 64 and earlier 289's? I have a C4 in the shop right now that is freshly rebuilt and it has the early SBF 5 bolt bell housing.

The FE engine has it's own unique bellhousing pattern. You need a C6 from behind a 360 or 390 along with the corresponding flexplate. Should you come across a 410 or 428 C6 the trans is right but the flexplate is the wrong balance.

Cool! Thanks!!! 8)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Going throught your pics on the before and after and went back to your build to confirm....... Is that an FM converter under your dash????? Man I haven't seen one of those things in years... although I do have an 8 track in the Dodge I'm driving, (it's stock) I haven't seen one of the old add on converters in forever. GO RETRO!!!!! I love the looks of your inside. Does the old converter work????
choptvan

Post by choptvan »

damn. I find you nio every site i am on! What is up man? Any more progress?
63ford f100, 300 six, 3 speed, low as f@ck, more to come....
ccain

Post by ccain »

choptvan wrote:darn. I find you nio every site i am on! What is up man? Any more progress?

Hahaha... Yup, just like a bad penny, you'll never know where I'll turn up! :D

Well, I'm contemplating working on the wheels a little. That is until I can find suitable replacements in the form of stock wheels and hub caps.

The old chrome is flaking, rusted and dull in places. So, I'm thinking of taking them off and painting them. Something like this:

I'll probably strat on them later this evening or in the morning. I'll be sure to post up pics.
ccain

Post by ccain »

Well, I got the fronts done yesterday. I'll be working on the rears today. I'm diggin' the retro - hot rod - old truck look.

I had the damnedest time yesterday with these freakin' wheels. The tires are 8.75x16.5 and they are mounted on stupid old 16.5x10 rims. These cheap old rims don't have an inner bead lip. I noticed yesterday when I "broke the beads" to paint them that the beads pretty much broke them selves. This is NOT cool. I'm definitely going to have to find a set of stock rims VERY SOON! And, even though this truck won't see any kind of hard cornering in the near future, the last thing I want to do is break a bead going around a turn. Yet one more reason I'll feel like I have to handle this thing like it's made of glass... I hate that, I'd just like to drive it and be comfy, you know? Anyway, I digress. I had to end up taking these things to a tire store so they could use the air jet to remount the tires. :cussing: I absolutely HATE when I have to depend on others because I don't have the tools to do the job myself!

Gonna go out and do the rears... I'll post up pics later.

Cheers.

Lesson learned. And even though yesterdays aggravation was a construct of my own doing, I'd still like to find the guy who thought it would be cool to put these crappy rims on this truck!
oldtrucks
United States of America

Post by oldtrucks »

Those are stock rims. That is the reason most of us go to 16" rims. Not fun to roll a bead off with a heavy load on.
Mike Kincheloe
Mikes Old Trucks
I restore old trucks and cars

1962 UNI Short Box, Stock Y block, 4 speed Image
1972 F 250 4X4 429 4 speed Dana 70 rear
1977 F 350 Camper Special, Ranger, Super Cab
1950 F7 Cab and Chassis
1976 F150 4 Speed 4 X 4
1996 Taurus
ccain

Post by ccain »

oldtrucks wrote:Those are stock rims. That is the reason most of us go to 16" rims. Not fun to roll a bead off with a heavy load on.

Nah, their not stock. These are wagon style rims that I put Fairlane hubcaps on.

Here's an old pic:

macgiobuin

Post by macgiobuin »

The ghost of Por15 is haunti you.... 8)
My Baby: 1966 F100
ccain

Post by ccain »

She's all done. Well, as done as she's getting today! :D

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

sharp looking truck mang.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

I'm digging the white rims and the hub caps. Looks kool.