Given a slick at the gas station?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mellvis

Given a slick at the gas station?

Post by Mellvis »

The Slick Angel has struck again, but so has the Slick Demon. I was putting gas in the 66 about and hour ago, and a fellow came over to talk truck. He said he likes mine and has one for parts. The truck is free, it's only 45 miles from home, it's a 64 F250 and complete. The truck has sat for about ten years and it's free for the getting.

THE PROBLEM:
I have no way of retrieving this awsome deal and even if I did, I have no place to put it :evil:

Any thoughts from you guys?
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

that happened to me several years ago.was filling up my 65 and a guy was next to me in a 52 f1. we started bs ing about the trucks and he gave me a 63 lwb stepside.i had to clean out the bed, change some tires,pull it out of spring mud and got a friend to help tow it the 40 miles to my house.
was worth it though, no title but lots of parts i ended up using.still have the bed.

bummer that you cannot store at a friends or hide it in the woods.
whats the cost of a towtruck to bring it close to you? how long do you have to go get it?
would be worth taking a trip to see it before investing $ in bringing home something that is "undesirable".
i also have bought a couple slicks sight unseen and ,in the end maybe i ended up breaking even on the deal.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

Two things here you may want to consider. 1 maybe one of our slick buddies here is close to you and my have room.If so The two of you can get together and get it. A piece of advice though before you start agree with what you both need upfront as in the way of parts and strip them off then. Then maybe agree what is left over is first come ,first serve. So that way there is no disagrement later on. Second is you can't find a member close buy maybe you can rent a uhaul to move it with a tow bar. Or check around for some good ole boy with a tow truck. I got one to move one to my house for 50 bucks .Then as quick as you can strip it down and get the parts you want. Then have it hauled off. Parts trucks will save you a TON of money. I got one for mine when I was almost finished and it still saved me quite a bit of bucks.
66camperspecial
United States of America

Post by 66camperspecial »

I might be able to use some parts from it and we could strip it at my place if the weather holds up and haul whats left to the scrapyard,where are you at as I am in Dayton
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

My wife came home the other day from a walk and said that she saw a truck like mine down the road and one block over. I asked her what she thought of it and if she thought it might be a good deal for $50 bucks. She said ya but there was no for sale sign in it and even if there was I could nt keep another truck in the driveway unless it was for parts and she knew I couldnt strip it in just a couple of days so "dont bother". So I bet her. I had actually bought the truck a week earlier and parked it there. Most of the parts I needed would come off in just two days but I hadnt figured out how to spring the purchase on her. Worked out great. I really support her going on walks to help with her exercise. :lol:
F-Zilla

Post by F-Zilla »

ras4434 wrote:My wife came home the other day from a walk and said that she saw a truck like mine down the road and one block over. I asked her what she thought of it and if she thought it might be a good deal for $50 bucks. She said ya but there was no for sale sign in it and even if there was I could nt keep another truck in the driveway unless it was for parts and she knew I couldnt strip it in just a couple of days so "dont bother". So I bet her. I had actually bought the truck a week earlier and parked it there. Most of the parts I needed would come off in just two days but I hadnt figured out how to spring the purchase on her. Worked out great. I really support her going on walks to help with her exercise. :lol:

You tricky devil! :twisted: :twisted: My ex wife used to do that to me with shoes!
BUY FORD, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL MOTOR COMPANY!

65 F100
66 F100
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

ras4434 wrote:My wife came home the other day from a walk and said that she saw a truck like mine down the road and one block over. I asked her what she thought of it and if she thought it might be a good deal for $50 bucks. She said ya but there was no for sale sign in it and even if there was I could nt keep another truck in the driveway unless it was for parts and she knew I couldnt strip it in just a couple of days so "dont bother". So I bet her. I had actually bought the truck a week earlier and parked it there. Most of the parts I needed would come off in just two days but I hadnt figured out how to spring the purchase on her. Worked out great. I really support her going on walks to help with her exercise. :lol:

Classic, I love it. :lol:
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Wonder if I could get away with that..?!?
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

F-Zilla wrote:
You tricky devil! :twisted: :twisted: My ex wife used to do that to me with shoes!

She'd leave old shoes a block away? Freaky. :?
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Mellvis

Post by Mellvis »

I really want the parts from the old truck, but I'm moving during the next few weeks and I have NO money and no room. Also, there is a chance that this guy was "blowing smoke". I haven't seen the truck and it's at his brother's place.
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Personally, I'd go back with the 302.
But if you just have to change, find a good 300-6 with EFI and a od 5-speed manual transmission.
Why mess with perfection?
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
1966 Ford

Post by 1966 Ford »

Nothing wrong with a free truck but I would have the same problem about a place to put it.
1966 Custom Cab
1967 Fairlane Ranchero
Comet

Post by Comet »

Get it, rent a storage place and strip all the parts you want or can sell off it, then scrap it.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D